New Boat Is Here!

Its a highly customized boat and I?m a PITA. Time and materials do add up. I?d contact the builder directly for a quote.

I looked for the right boat for years. I hunt alone 90% of the time. I needed the biggest, safest hull I could launch solo at primitive ramps.

It?s built like a brick outhouse. The shelving acts as a pair of stringers and is complemented by two bulkheads (foam cored) and four transverse frames (molded fiberglass) ? all bonded together. The perimeter of the cap is even ?glassed to the hull. Plus, it has 5-point flotation. Yet, it?s only about 600#. Well, before I started adding stuff...

The sea trial went well yesterday. The 40-horse seems like a perfect match.

Only one hiccup ? couldn?t get the Minn Kota to deploy. The remote has an interlock? you have to double-click to deploy or stow. Now that I?ve figured that out, I may harass some smallmouth tonight.

I just purchased hull # 6 and pick it up from David in July. I?m going from an estuary to a garvey. Want to be able to hunt two people. It?s a great design from a fantastic builder.

CPKBasil and Robert said:
The sea trial went well yesterday. The 40-horse seems like a perfect match.

I may harass some smallmouth tonight.

Congratulations.

We need photos of this boat in action. Preferably with fish slime on the deck, and maybe a wet dog and a scruffy fishing partner to make it look like a real boat and not a demo model on the shop floor.

Update:

I've caught a few fish out of her but things have been awful busy around the house -- so much for fishing every afternoon during Covid. I have about 4 hours on the motor.

I trapped some bait this afternoon so I hope to target crappie on Champlain on Sunday.

Received some FME from Lou Tisch this week. Will do some final rigging then start painting in the next couple of weeks.

Andrew, Dave's blinds are static. You install them at the beginning of the season and they stay up for the duration. She travels and hunts as she sits in the pictures. That's the reason for the pass-through at the rear and the dog doors to port and starboard. There's no fumbling with blind panels or support poles by headlamp.

For long distance travel, I do have a full cover.

He also offers fiberglass flapper boards for those who hunt sneakbox style.

For fishing, I've removed the side panels and rear panel. Only requires removing 6 fasteners -- took longer to stack them in a closet than to remove them.

Still have the dodger up, but may take it off for the summer. I appreciated the wind break during sea trials, But we're finally enjoying some warm weather.

Will hopefully have more action photos soon.

Back