New duck gun ideas

As was mentioned, A more complete disassembly, cleaning and close examination of the part to check for wear problems try first. The gun worked well before this problem and unless you have been shooting many cases through it. I have not heard of very many complaints about the Brownings. I had heard good things about the Beretta A-400 with it's recoil reduction system.

I'm sure that the comments about the springs and cleaning are right on, BUT if you have your heart set on a new gun, I'd heartily reccomend a Browning Citori. My 12 ga 3" chambered gun has been going strong for 26 or 27 years now. I figure I've put about 6000 shells through it on the skeet field and another 3000 to 5000 3" shells through it in that time. Only once, with reloads that were too light, did it fail to fire the second shot.

They're not cheap, but they are well made.

John

Doesn't eject as in the shell sticks in the chamber or the action does not cycle?
Either way, a trip to a good gun smith is cheaper than a new gun.

That said, I bought a Beretta 390 from Walmart back in 2003 and it has been fool-proof, even with hunting salt water and my crappy maintenance of it.

Ditto. I am constantly amazed that the Beretta 390 doesn't show up more often in the list of inexpensive semi-auto duck guns. Mine has been far more reliable than the guns of friends who shoot other low-priced semi's.

i have the original extrema and i have thousands of rounds through it ranging from 8 shot low brass to 3 1/2" buck shot and has never failed me. have heard great things about teh new ones too but i have a hard time putting this one down

I retired the Remington sp10,and the sbe1.sold the sbe 2,and went w a double,Browning cenergy in max 4.it points well,is well balanced.thought I might miss the third shot but I don't,just taking a Lil more time to make my 2 shots well placed .

Back