New Motor weight question

I run an Etec on mine. Fill up the oil tank in the beginning of the season then just top it off at the end of the season. Its oil injected that weighs about 160lbs

Kurt,

I am currently refurbishing a Bud Miles BBSB. I hunted with the boat using a 2 stroke 9.9 Johnson for years. Sorry for the pun but we are in the same boat; looking at different motors. I am going to purchase a Tohatsu 8 hp 4 stroke to add to the boat. I only weigh 191 lbs and when sometimes reaching to the back of the boat adjusting the engine the water would come over the feathered edge on the sides. I believe with the proper prop pitch and 8 will do the trick with no problems. The 8 hp Tohatsu weighs in at around 81 lbs compared to the older johnson at 78 lbs. I did run a 6 on the boat for a about 20 hunts in Northern Indiana. Had no problems pushing the boat where it needed to go but I do believe it was slightly under power at 6 when I crossed larger bodies of water...

Regards,
Kristan

I had a Nissan 18hp 2 stroke with electric start for 10 years, it only weighed 83 pounds.
If you can find one of them used, grab it. Fantastic motors.

Don't know where you live but in MN I can go buy a 40 or 60 lb tube of sand for under $5. Hang that over the transom and see what you think.

Mark

The new Suzuki 15hp EFI is the lightest 4 stroke around believe it listed at 93 or 97 pounds its on their website. The new EFI technology on a pull start motor is incredible, reviews I have heard are nothing but stellar

Back