New old boat - help with maker and age

RD Nelle

My wife says I have duck boat problem. I told her I am just filling the quiver, but I really can't disagree with her. I am only a couple of weeks back from the Tuckerton Show, where I demoed a couple of BBSBs. One of those demo boats I am close to pulling the trigger on a build. Well out of curiosity I checked Craigslist last week and found this boat. Well I had to have it and the price was right, I think. The seller said he brought it out to Washington state from Virginia. He said the boat came out the Chesapeake Bay area. Thoughts?
ThanksView attachment IMG_0945.JPG
View attachment IMG_0941.JPGView attachment IMG_0950.JPG

View attachment IMG_0944.JPG

The hull design most closely resembles a Heinrich 'speed box' They had the hard chine in the stern with the flat bottom for speed.

This one appears set up to gun over the stern (motor) with the dog box behind the main cockpit.

Last edited:
Thanks Craig.
It also seems a bit heavy toward the bow, like it has added weight, but I guess there may be more structure up there.

I looked up Tom Barb's post from a couple of years ago. The boat he posted looks similar to mine. Thank's Craig. This should be a fast boat.

Thanks for the info and including the pictures. This really adds to the excitement of getting this box back in shape for gunning. I am glad I included the interior picture with the gussets.

Back