New Schellinger project

I think its only rated for a 40 lb thrust trolling motor but being a roy owner i think ill throw that out the door and put my 25 yammy on her

idiots will do what idiots will do. Operator error has more to do with accidents than the boats. You have to know your limitations and the boats limitations and know when to head for the ramp or when to not put in to begin with. I would rather drive an hour home from the ramp without putting in than risking my life for a duck....I've learned when I hunt the bay to watch the direction and the speed of the wind before trying to cross..knowing whether its going to get snottier or calm down while I am hunting. Always one eye on the weather...and wear a life jacket while under way and putting out and picking up decoys at all times. I am not concerned when hunting marshes and rivers at all because we don't get waves that are life threatening on these bodies of water in South Jersey. You put in in the ditches and run in the ditches rarely do you cross big water while hunting marshes and they have so many twists and turns that waves do not build on them.

Agreed again. Please forgive me for pointing it out next time I see a photo of a Roy boat at warp speed in the middle of a bay with channel markers in the backgroud (which equals water deeper than knee deep). I know it won't be you, but not everyone has the sense you do.

T

I'm sorry if I got to personal about this Ryan,Tod and Dave.We can just agree to disagree.

Btw... All my boats have flotation and I don't drive unsafely.I know not only my limitations but my boats as well.That only comes with experience.

Best
Bob

I'm sorry if I got to personal about this Ryan,Tod and Dave.We can just agree to disagree.

Btw... All my boats have flotation and I don't drive unsafely.I know not only my limitations but my boats as well.That only comes with experience.

Best
Bob

No hard feelings here, Bob. I respect you and just because we have a different opinion doesn't mean I wouldn't buy you a beer or share a blind if you hunt Ohio again this coming season.

Best
Bob

No hard feelings here, Bob. I respect you and just because we have a different opinion doesn't mean I wouldn't buy you a beer or share a blind if you hunt Ohio again this coming season.

Same here Ryan.

Best
Bob

Not a worry Bob. I hope everything is OK in your world.

Best
Bob

The only problem is duck season is closed LOL

Best
Bob

Tod and Bob; I'm sure glad you guys kissed and made up :) :)
wis boz

Best
Bob

Tod and Bob; I'm sure glad you guys kissed and made up :) :)
wis boz

hahahahahaahaha ME TOO !!! Tod always says whats on his mind,sticks to his guns and is a wealth of knowledge that I've counted on over the years.

John, congrats on your new purchase!!! You will love the roy boat! I bought a 12' high side a few years back and the agility of the boat is what you need for South Jersey. Have fun and make sure to wear your PFD!!!

Will Roy be at the meet-up in June? I've wanted to meet with him for a few years. Will there be other Roy boats there to look at?

Will Roy be at the meet-up in June? I've wanted to meet with him for a few years. Will there be other Roy boats there to look at?

^ Ugh... and now this guy ^

So Darrin... when you say "look at" do you mean "look at" in a casual sense or "look at" as in a formal Coast Guard safety inspection??? Better all have your boats & trailers up to snuff at the meet-up. There goes that party...
I'm truly sorry for the OP who took the time out of his life to share a few pictures of his newly acquired duck boat on a forum called duckboats.net.

Last edited:
Back