New to me knife...

Jon Zuccolo

This was made by my grandfather, Juan, and given to my father by him.

Passed down to me Aug 30 2013, a "new to me" knife with the passing of my father, also Juan.

The story behind this knife, like many of the ones made by my grandfather is the end of an old steel file is the beginning of a new knife.

I have the memories, and the lessons and knowledge, and a beautiful working knife. I am thankful for all that.

Jon, that is a very neat thing to have to remember your grandfather and father. No doubt, as you have already suggested, filled with memories and many more memories to come.

Jon Very neat, I had a knife when I was young that my grandfather used then passed down to my dad then to me, Dropped it over the side of the boat on day in the salt water, I still get mad at myself for setting it on the back of the boat.

Fred

Thanks, I do like it a whole lot. Good sharp edge on it too considering it hasn't been sharpened in at least 25 years...

I wonder how many fish that thing has cleaned... He was an avid fisherman and duck hunter (my grandpa). My dad was more of an avid "I'll go fishing with you and maybe hold a rod if the fish are biting" :)

Sorry for your loss of your father.
What a great family keepsake to have. Looks like it was well used but cared for over the years, just the way you want something like that to look.

Tim

My grandfather left me his knife when he passed a few years ago. I'm afraid to take it to the woods, if I lost it I would be sick! I do use it to skin though nothing like that old steel it really holds an edge!

Back