Nice viewing for a Christmas morn

Jode,

That video is amazing! Thank you for posting it. Do you know if anyone offers some type of weekend clinic which teaches how to build a traditional sneakbox?

Zane

Jode,

That video is amazing! Thank you for posting it. Do you know if anyone offers some type of weekend clinic which teaches how to build a traditional sneakbox?

Zane

Zane, I haven't checked lately, but the tuckerton seaport used too. Maybe give them a call after the holidays

Pretty neat watch Jode. Reminds me of growing up and watching the old time duck hunting shows and documentaries.

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Merry Christmas.

Jon

great film, really nice someone thought to save that history while it was still around

missed out on Sam Hunt boat in upstate NY a while back- makes me more disappointed that I was slow on the draw

Jode,
Regarding Mr. Headley, Hillman, Shourds, Birdsall and Brown. All legends in the decoy carving and collecting history, whom I've read and heard about for years. Great to see them in the flesh in the film. What a pleasure to see Mr. Hunt's energy and enthusiasm in his boat building at his advanced age! To echo everyone else's sentiments, thanks for sharing and a Merry Christmas.

Ken Zaborski

great film, really nice someone thought to save that history while it was still around

missed out on Sam Hunt boat in upstate NY a while back- makes me more disappointed that I was slow on the draw

Rick I agree, there has been a unused Hunt sailer on Pennsylvania craiglist for a Few months now. Great shape too. I'd love it but don't have the room for another boat.

Bob, great pic! That ward museum program was a ton of fun.

Last edited:
Jode, great piece of history. I grew up in Point Pleasant, NJ and hunted waterfowl all around barnegat bay and the Edwin forsythe refuge. NJ is steeped in waterfowl history.

Jode, great piece of history. I grew up in Point Pleasant, NJ and hunted waterfowl all around barnegat bay and the Edwin forsythe refuge. NJ is steeped in waterfowl history.

You got that right !

Thanks for putting that up Jode. Even growing up hunting and fishing on the Mississippi River, as kid I always dreamed of hunting Barnegat Bay and the east coast salt marshes. Haven't seen a Jones style hat in half a century it seems like.

Back