Nice weather my A#$S!

k folkman

I went to the local lake this morning for a shoot and did not even see one duck!!! This warm weather here on the east coast is really screwing us up. I mean, I was sweating.................Let's hope for some cold........................Kevin

Wish I could hunting tomorrow. I know just the spot.

23 feet on 11 second intervals!!!

A SERIES OF DISTURBANCES FROM A STRONG PACIFIC STORM SYSTEM WILL
GENERATE LARGE SEAS AND HIGH WINDS THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY ALONG THE
NORTH OREGON COAST. MEANWHILE...PUBLISHED ASTRONOMICAL TIDES WILL
BE NEAR THEIR MONTHLY MAXIMUM DUE TO THE NEW MOON. THE PUBLISHED
TIDE FOR TONGUE POINT OREGON IS EXPECTED TO PEAK AT 7.6 FEET ON
TUESDAY AT 2 AM...AND AT 9.5 FEET AT 1 PM ON TUESDAY. STORM SURGE
ASSOCIATED WITH THE LARGE DEVELOPING OFFSHORE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM
WILL LIKELY BE IN THE 1 TO 3 FOOT RANGE TONIGHT AND TUESDAY.
ALSO...RISING RIVERS FROM THE LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN IN THE NORTH
COAST RANGE WILL FURTHER RAISE THE WATER LEVEL IN THE BAYS
DRAINING THE NORTH COAST RANGE.

AS A RESULT...MINOR TIDAL OVERFLOW IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR ALONG LOW
LYING PORTIONS OF THE NORTH OREGON COAST THROUGH TUESDAY. THE
GREATEST POSSIBILITY OF TIDAL OVERFLOW WILL BE DURING THE HIGH
TIDE AROUND 1 PM ON TUESDAY...BUT IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE DURING THE
LOWER HIGH TIDE AROUND 2 AM TUESDAY MORNING.

DURING THE STORM...SEAS WILL CLIMB TO 23 TO 27 FEET WITH PERIODS
AROUND 11 SECONDS. THESE LARGE SEAS WILL MAKE FOR DANGEROUS BEACH
CONDITIONS WITH WAVES PUMMELING THE SURF ZONE WHICH WILL ONLY BE
EXACERBATED BY THE PROMINENCE OF THE ENHANCED LUNAR TIDAL CYCLE.
SEAS HAVE ALREADY REACHED 23 FEET EARLIER TODAY OFF THE MOUTH OF
THE COLUMBIA RIVER...AND WILL LIKELY PEAK CLOSER TO THE VALUE OF
27 FT TONIGHT DURING THE PERIOD OF THE STRONGEST WINDS. DUE TO
THE MAGNITUDE OF THE HIGH TIDES...WAVES WILL TRAVEL MUCH FARTHER
UP THE BEACH THAN USUAL...CREATING A DANGEROUS SITUATION IN WHICH
EXTREME CAUTION MUST BE EXERCISED. LARGE LOGS AND OTHER DEBRIS CAN
EASILY BE TOSSED AROUND BY THE FORCE OF THESE WAVES...EVEN THE
LARGEST LOGS CAN ROLL EASILY ON GENTLY SLOPED BEACHES IN ANKLE
DEEP WATER.

I drove to Northern Vermont, and set decoys in a t-shirt yesterday! Not much cooler today and not forecast for much all week! Mid-November in VT should be snow flurries at least! When will the Feds start adjusting the seasons for the weather?

Dave from Va in VT....

I went to the local lake this morning for a shoot and did not even see one duck!!! This warm weather here on the east coast is really screwing us up. I mean, I was sweating.................Let's hope for some cold........................Kevin

It sounds like duck hunting in Michigan...I'm sorry

It is a rotating 60 day season over three different zones. It extends our season and allows some early season teal and woodduck hunting before they are out of here. By the end of January last year the bay was locked up and not very huntable. I think the season dates worked out great last year.

I will be hunting ducks and fishing for specks and reds out of Port Mansfield, TX this weekend. Should be 80 and sunny.

I live for days like that Sea Duckin. It cant get calm enough for me.

James, I agree that last season was pretty good for us here. I happen to love the ice because then you know where the birds will not be, norrowing your options as to where to go. Good luck in Texas this weekend. "Come on cold!!!".........................Kevin

Hang on there Kevin! I need a couple three weeks for more striper fishing first, then it can get cold. I ran the Maurice last weekend from Millville to Port Republic. Jumped 5 blacks, thats it. They're just not here yet.

Its been that way the whole season here in the midwest. Local birds have all moved out or are so educated and timid they wont come anywhere near a decoy and the northern birds haven't even started to show up and we only have 3 weeks left and with gun deer the next week it only leaves one weekend left to duck hunt. Hope they get here!!

Out again this morning floating the creek to jump shoot and nothing. Seems like the woodies left before the storm. Haven't seen one since the end of October. I haven't been down to Manahawkin or Barnegat yet this year but We usually have woodies and teal until late November and early December...weather permitting of course. I am going to take a break from the ducks for a week or so and probably just pheasant hunt. Need a cold front to move through to bring some new ducks

The push is on in a big way in the western part of the Central Flyway. The snows and lessers were piling into NE Colorado on a NW wind on Sunday afternoon. The snow and cold has pushed the greenheads and Canadas from Alberta into the Missouri and Yellowstone valleys of Montana as well.

Anyone know if they are starting to push down through Minnesota yet?
(only 2 week-ends left!)

I keep looking at the migration reports on the DU site, but nobody seems to be posting anything at all!

Wow, I think you guys are the first ones that I have heard that actually like the NJ season dates. Seems to me that the first month of the second season is a total waste. I wish they would open it a month later and leave it in until February when the ducks are here. Just my 2 cents

Wow, I think you guys are the first ones that I have heard that actually like the NJ season dates. Seems to me that the first month of the second season is a total waste. I wish they would open it a month later and leave it in until February when the ducks are here. Just my 2 cents

I'm with you. We need some fresh birds. These local birds have me pegged.

Wish I could hunting tomorrow. I know just the spot.

23 feet on 11 second intervals!!!

A SERIES OF DISTURBANCES FROM A STRONG PACIFIC STORM SYSTEM.... Wow! Sounds like a good day to stay home.

Guys you are killing me. I am salivating reading these posts. I feel for you not seeing many birds, but I still have two weeks until my season starts. I don't think I can restring me decoys again. I have almost gotten to the point that I shut off the garage lights and destring and restring a deke in the dark like I am field stripping a rifle. We actually had snow flurries last night in southern missouri and I am really starting to see the snow geese and a few canada groups moving thru. I am on the edge of my seat ready to go. Hope the weather works out for ya fellas. Good luck and be safe. dc

Back