North Alabama Guys - Canvasback Decoys Missing

Eric Patterson

Staff member
A friend called me a few minutes ago asking for some help. Yesterday while driving from Scottsboro to Gurley on Hwy 72 he lost a green canvas 12 slot bag loaded with 11 canvasback decoys somewhere along the way. The decoys were made from lobster buoys. If anyone runs across or knows anything about them please contact Mark at 256-316-4539.

Thanks.

Eric

Eric, glad they were not cork or wood stool---Hope they show up---sometimes an add in paper with a reward will shake them out of hiding.

g

If they were cork or wood they would NEVER show up, except maybe on the alducks.com classifieds. Of course Jason Russell would know more about that. :)

Shoot, for $10 each, even I could buy some! I gotta check out that website!

just kidding, just kidding!

Eric, never found any of the thirty plus taken from our club, long time ago--Some day, they may still show up

That guy that was chasing us from boat ramp to boat ramp from Alducks probably has them :) Hitch

That guy that was chasing us from boat ramp to boat ramp from Alducks probably has them :) Hitch

Hitch

I forgot all about that guy. I should have given him your number. He'd still be asking to hunt out of your boat.

Eric

Hitch

I forgot all about that guy. I should have given him your number. He'd still be asking to hunt out of your boat.

Eric

I'm glad you forgot.

Eric ;I lost {do to theft} 1-doz. carri-lite goose decoys, painted up as brant they all had 16 oz brass ring-basket weights all in a new duck bag .when I arrived at the state hunting checking sta . for the public draw they were still in the boat 1/2 hr. later as the drawing took place I drew a blind ,and filled out the permit form, but as I started to sort the gear about I noticed the bag of deeks took of Gone.Some one found the deeks along the highway the opposite of the way I went. the checking attendant said, some one found the deeks spread out along the road ditch for about 1 block long but no decoy bag,and he did not get the persons name. I figure that because of the re-paint job {one of a kind} they got scared and tossed them out.or maybe they don't hunt brant. ! year earlier I had a hand made canvasback drake sleeper with hand carved woodden head stolen out of my boat at the same place, I had six in the boat but they took only one, guess they needed one for their shelf collection .No sportsman here,aint that a shame OHHH Well.JUst thought I'd post this.

Back