Okay guys need some help with the Armstrong molds

Tony H

Just returned with the first trip of molds and what a shock it was to see so many of them. I knew we bought the blackjack, widgeon and TDB molds including the scull and 10Ft TDB as well and possibly others but what I didnt expect was the broadbill, the sneaker and atleast 4 other hull and deck molds.

My question is and it appears that they are modified newer updated versions of the above models. How many different versions(new mold designs) are there or were there of these boats.

We won't be building them all and will only build the one that we feel is best design.

So looks like we got alot of sorting and figuring out to do. right now I have over 20 molds home and another trip being made Sunday to pic up atleast 5 more.

So if anyone has any experience of info it would be greatly appriciated to help us figure them all out so that we can get started with them asap.

The TDB molds are safely at there final resting place. the tdb's the scull and the 10ft Tdb. a neat boat I might add that I dont even know if they ever marketed.

The TDB 10' was sold... for a few years at least, back when Bill and Dean Clark (the original builders/owners) had the company. I test "drove" one - probably 1987-88 I believe.
I had one of the first few 14 ft TDB boats made by the Clarks'.... still have it as a matter of fact - it's been a part of the family since February 1986.
It's over 26 years old and it is still going strong, everything, except the grass rails, are still original. The fabric blind was re=stained once.
Bought a 17 footer in 1988, used it hard for 12 years without any issues, but I scaled down and that is with her second owner now...
The Clarks are wonderful people - I am sure Bill Clark would be glad to know that his beloved company is back on it's feet again.

I have one of the older Armstrong North Carolina factory built Broadbills from back in the early eighties. Its a great boat. I think some pics might be in the old site archives.
I might still have a brochure as well.

The broadbill in my opinion was one of the finest crafts ever built. We be very interested in one if you decide to build!!

The broadbill in my opinion was one of the finest crafts ever built. We be very interested in one if you decide to build!!

Once I get home from picking up the last load of molds tomorrow I will take pics of the deck and hull I have and of the deck and hull molds I believe are the broadbill. If not the broadbill I have no idea what the deck is. The hull I am sure is the broadbill. its too long and wide for anything else unless its a unmarketed model but Im pretty sure its the broadbill. I dont like the textured deck as it will be a PITA to mold

I would be glad to send you pics of the brodbill i owned. I only sold it a few years back due to the wife becoming sick and could no longer work. Needed the cash but still brought a tear to my eye when the new owner drove off with it.... Hopefully there is a new one in my future!!!
Call or text me when and if you produce one!!!!
Love to be the first owner of a revived classic. :)

I would be glad to send you pics of the brodbill i owned. I only sold it a few years back due to the wife becoming sick and could no longer work. Needed the cash but still brought a tear to my eye when the new owner drove off with it.... Hopefully there is a new one in my future!!!
Call or text me when and if you produce one!!!!
Love to be the first owner of a revived classic. :)

There is 2 versions of the Broadbill hull and deck. the original smooth bottom, a smooth bottom with 2 angles cut at the transom and a textured deck and round opening not square and ofcourse the square opening. Humm. anyone out there have the different versions? will post pics of the hull molds soon. I believe the best one is probably the one with the angles cut at the transom to help tracking and planing. But not sure.
Will only be using one set and mostlikely the smooth top with square opening as thats the only locking cover mold we have.

Now the fun begins. sorting building getting rid of old molds we wont be using.

Back