Outboard power advice

Lund was purchased some years back by the Brunswick corp that owned Mercury outboards also, thus the recommending Mercury. If you like Suzuki I would start there, but Yamaha or an etec would be high on my personal list also.

Hey Sarge,

Went out a couple of times. Warm weather seems to be really screwing with migrators. How is your late season going?

As for the reason to go tiller... Was thinking about setting out long lines of decoys alone. Seems it would be easier to control the boat and set from a tiller than side console. Other reason is room.. This boat I bought is dual console that takes up a lot of space and needs some tlc.

I hunt with the owner of a 20' Alaskan with a 75 Honda tiller. It gets up and goes just fine now that it is propped appropriately.

CJ,

The side console actually helps with handling and visibility while approaching decoy lines and downed birds. Your only 10-2 feet from the bow and located right at the starboard side of the boat allowing an excellent view on approach, and easy use of a boat hook or net. I watched the previously mentioned Bill Wasson running his SC Lund while guiding a few times before deciding it was the rig I wanted. I haven't had second thoughts since.

Scott

Bill at work:

View attachment billslundclose.jpg

Back