Pete Hilliard Decoys

Ned Helm

I have a customer who wants to sell a large rig of Hilliards. Is Pete still carving and if so what does he charge for his birds.

Ned Helm
Wingset

I see Hilliard Decoys on E-bay from time to time going for anywhere from $35.00 and up; depending on the condition and species. I saw a pair of Hilliard Bluewing Teal sell for $110.00 on E-bay.

I have a customer who wants to sell a large rig of Hilliards. Is Pete still carving and if so what does he charge for his birds.

Ned Helm
Wingset

I'm pretty sure he isn't dead. Bill Wasson on the other hand, I heard that he may be.

did pass away several years ago....last time I talked to him he was still bummed out about it.......although he did say that he appreciated the uptick in decoy prices he had enjoyed as a result of his demise.....

Steve

Oh my! The apparition not only appears ,,,,,,, he speaks as well. Say hello to Casper next time you bump into him. :>) :>)

LOL!!! bill, im glad your both very much alive and "dead". really looking forward to december.... mark
did pass away several years ago....last time I talked to him he was still bummed out about it.......although he did say that he appreciated the uptick in decoy prices he had enjoyed as a result of his demise.....

Steve

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I resemble that comment! said Bill

Yee Haa it lives!! Damn I had to delete that great tribute I had just written for you!!

I suppose you remember the New Years day when we went gunning on Penobscott Bay (I think) and you forgot your new License and I forgot my gun...Huey and Hewey go gunning.....one of you original swimmers graces the window sill in my I love me room!
Ned
[/font]

HI Ned,

Yes, I do remember that morning. Other than the events you mentioned I remember taking an incoming drake eider at close range that skipped once on the water and hit the side of the boat. We were shooting my 12 g Miroko SXS that day.

I see that you are in Tennessee now. I'm still in Maine and enjoying LIFE, contrary to some wildly exaggerated rumors. I usually read the forum every morning.

Best, Bill

I take it you are still guiding...do you still have the TBD 17?? I moved from VT to Fla as the taxes got us....then built in the Fl Panhandle and left after Katrina....hey....strike one Ivan....strike two Katrina.....TN is GREAT but my physical condition requires a nose gunner and no one around here can even spell DUCK...so my 17 is for sale as well as my duplicate or non favorite dekes. Are you still hacking cork and pine?? If so send me some pix BC.
Ned

Back