Picked up my next project today..!! pics

charlie foulds

Drove to Jersey today and picked up a modified Devlin mallard . The deal was just to good to pass up. I will be refurbishing it with the extra materials I have left over from my BBIII build. Actually the boat is in pretty good shape for 8 years old. The repairs will be cosmetic for the most part. She came with a brand spankin new yamaha 25hp 2stroke, short shaft,electric start motor and trailor. Here are the before pics,I will be taking some better pics as I begin working on her.

DSCN0096.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

DSCN0108.jpg

DSCN0103.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, to hang a 25 on there, the builder must have done one heck of a modification to those plans!!
Good looking rig!

Carl, It has been changed from a displacement hull to a planing hull. I agree though, it may be a little much, but its original builder used to run it with a 25 and had no issues. I am the third owner of this rig.

I have a new 2008, 25 hrs Yamaha on my 16 foot Sea Nymph, GREAT MOTOR. That 25 on that boat is gonna make it move like a scalded dog!!!!
Have fun with it.
Jim/Fowlfishing

Charlie,
Has your wife found out you bought it yet? Let us know when she does I am sure one of us will want to buy it from you. haha.

Full throttle in that rig should be exciting! Make sure to take the GPS and get a speed reading for us.

PS..If you want to sell that motor in the spring, let me know. :)

That 25 yami looks exacly the same as mine,just mine is a 1992 model. by the looks of it they never changed a thing on them. I run mine on 1448 grizzly tracker at 33mph with me and the dog and 100lbs of gear. Those motor are realy fast and reliable your going to love it when someone with a 25 johnson pulls next to you and asks to race and you blow by him.

View attachment boat 1.jpg

Charlie

Is that the one Jode Jillman built? I remember he made mods to get more planing performance. Speaking of motors, what are you going to use on your brant? You might just find yourself in the market for another one of those Yamaha 25s. They are so sweet.

Hey Eric, Yes it is the one that Jode Hillman built. He did a very nice job as well. Most of the work I will be doing to her will be cosmetic. As far as the BBIII power goes. I picked up the exact same motor back in March for her. Both 2008 model year, I read on this site that they were great motors!!!

Back