Pictures of my BBSB...

Zach Houvener

Sorry it took a long time, but I just had surgery on my wisdom teeth and have been reading Worth Mathewson's Old Wildfowling Tales in my free time and decided to uncover my Classic BBSB and show and tell a bit.

All the corkers on the back are carved by me, except a black corker from a fellow WA hunter. The model 12 was a gift from my grandpa to me which might see one or two fresh water hunts a season (if I can afford bismuth!)

Still have some work to do on my sneakbox like painting the decoy racks, taking off the plywood floorboard and replacing it with a removable slat floor, saving my pennies to try and get a spray dodger, and still carving in my off time. I anxiously count down the days till opener, and I thank God for giving me such a great hobby, and a site full of generous and sincere people who love this sport just as much as I do...

P1010932.jpg

Decoys
P1010955.jpg

Model 12 and a couple corks
P1010959.jpg

Zach Houvener

Just AWSOME! How little (if at all!) we've improved upon those classic tools of the trade. Looks like a great day waiting to happen.

Gene

Great picture (and boat) Zach!

Keep us posted on your progress, and let me know if you need anything.

Take care,

Zach.
did you ever finish the ira hudson flying balck duck?

Yup,

Decided to go with a simple paint scheme, havn't taken a photo in good light yet though...The flyers are fun to do!

Flyingblackduck2-1.jpg

Zach Houvener

Zach,
That rig has me slobbering all over my keyboard. I bet you can't wait to hunt over them.

Back