Pocket Knife

For small game and waterfowl I carry a Buck 503 folder.

For big game I own two buck alpha hunter w/ gut hook. Bought the first one in 2004 w/ a walnut handle and it has been a fantastic knife.

The second one that I carry now is the Cabelas Alaskan Guide model of the same knife. It was a Christmas gift to my grandfather in 2006 before we went on a hunting trip to South Africa. He returned it to me this past fall when he knew his battle with cancer was near its end.

Kersha Ken onion

It is sharp but the edge will flake a bit while cutting in to hard things like metal. Aka abusing the knife. The blade is a bit thin at the tip and broke while prying on a screen when I locked myself out of my house. Beside that it is a nice sharp knife.

The everyday package is a Husky box cutter tool and the original Leatherman Tool. A Tekna Dive knife on my PFD. For big game, my 35 y.o. folding Buck 110.

I'm with Jeff. Spyderco Delica is my EDC. The fiberglass reinforced nylon handle design is just about perfect. Keeps it light, and provides grip no matter what way you hold it. VG-10 steel, jumping on the blade's spine where you'd put your thumb, adjustable pocket clip, and of course the signature hole in the blade that makes for easy one-handed operating. This thing is just so well thought out. I'm impressed with it if you can't tell.

Back