Political Rant

President Bush is not my favorite. That said, he is not even close to the worst. I don't think he would even make the top 10. He was absolutly right about 4 things however: The war on terror (yes, that includes Iraq)/ Tax cuts/ Supreme Court nominations/ and Social Security.

Nothing will fix the economy untill someone besides me figures out we need to produce instead of spend. And yes, there have been much worse economies.

I may not agree with what you say but I'll die for your right to say it. No qualms about Bush's conservatism, but he has done the lousiest job of any Pres. I can remember including Nixon and Carter. You just don't declare Mission Accomplished when it aint and you do what you can to protect the average American and not do big favors for the rich and powerful few.

I'm hoping President Obama will get a new Fish and Wildlife Service chief that will hire some folks that know how to count. I've seen more Cans this year than I ever have before, I will say they are right about Bluebills as I am seeing fewer than ever.

JMO,
Harry

im so glad the inaugural celebration includes a bunch of rapping retards that can barely keep there pants up. it really shows whats moving into the whitehouse.

this is supposed to be the most expensive inaugural in history. you'd think that with the country in this state of crisis our president elect would scale down the celebration which no doubt is being paid for by the tax payers of this country.

with all the people that hes got with him and their positions on guns and the second amendment i can't see how this could be good for anyone on this forum.

eddie

I'll bet you a gallon of Busholine that you still have your guns and the right to hunt with them 4 years hence.

You cannot correctly say Bush didn't have it all his way. He had Republican control of both houses of Congress and a Republican majority in the Supreme Court. He basically ruled like a king but shortly that will be over and I hope all the folks that have advocated respect for him (Bush) will do the same for our new President regardless of his skin color. Yes there will no doubt be some rappers around at the innauguration but there will also be some real artists too.

One thing for sure is that this economy couldn't stand 4 more years of the same and the Democrats tied McCain to Bush just like the Republicans tied Gore to Clinton. I guess payback is a bitch.

JMO,
Harry

didn't read the post i put up on how they are going after ammunition did you --- you might have your guns but its going to cost you dearly to buy ammo for them --- make it too expensive for the average guy and what good are your guns

i'll give him a chance -- but so far his "change" looks like alot of the same old washington people that have done us no good in the past

and haven't the dems controlled congress for the last two years? isn't their approval rating lower than bush's? he hasn't been the greatest but he sure isn't totally responsible for the state of the nation -- its been going down hill for quite some time, there is no shortage of presidents or congresses to share the blame

The TRUE defining difference between most democrats and republicans is that liberal democrats never have supported our current president(for at least a couple more hours)and in fact did everything in their power....whether it was obfuscation of the news or constant "psy ops" on the streets to destroy the president and thusly this country. Furthermore they are typically blinded by hatred, using cliches to describe him like "ignorant"and "dictator": Whereas republicans that I know with only a few exceptions are going to support Obama and hope and pray that he is the greatest president of all time and wish him the best of luck in office and in world politics.

I am not blinded by hatred for Obama and in fact I kinda like the guy. The problem is he comes to the office as an extremely liberal, relatively inexperienced politician. W never was an extreme right winger nor did he come to the office with such a comparable lack of experience.

Good luck Barack! I hope you enjoyed the wannabe Gangbanger Gangstas jumping around on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial with their HO's in tow. Not a good way to get it started in my opinion. Good luck Barack!

Was watching the female version of Keith Oberlin last night and they were talking about Pelosi and Reid wanting to charge the Bush administration with war crimes against humanity for torturing Gitmo detainees. WTF? Are they so filled with hatred and tunnel vision against him that they don't see that they themselves will be implicated? How in the world can they claim innocence in their charges when they knew, and colluded with, the administration? Talk about taking down the country. The woman was absolutely giddy talking about the possibilities of Bush being arrested in one of the countries that are signed up against torture. Makes me sick.

pelosi should be charged with impersonating someone supposedly intellegent - wonder how obama is gonna like her in a couple of years, they are already butting heads and he isn't even in office yet

"But presidents don't always get to choose the timing, or substance, of their policies.

George W. Bush was going to be the compassionate conservative - until terrorists attacked. Obama was going to revive the middle class - until the financial system collapsed and the entire economy needed reviving.

Obama is demonstrating he's already no stranger to that truth.

As he told CNN about the outgoing president he spent two years deriding: "I think he made the best decisions that he could at times under some very difficult circumstances." "

i think in a few years that same sentiment may apply to obama himself

I may be all wet, but with respect to the "Mission Accomplished" sign, I thought that was actually placed by the carrier's crew, who were returning home and, therefore, had technically accomplished the mission for which they were dispatched. Also, didn't we formally end the war and start policing/peacekeeping about that time as well? If so, then the "mission" may have been accomplished even though the true work was far from over.

Now, was it stupid? Yeah. And I thought the President doing a carrier landing and playing Maverick was not the best move. Still, he did, they did, and it's history.

I believe we have bigger fish to fry. The economy is down by the bow, and Congress seems to be cutting holes in the bottom of the boat to try and let water out and make it float up.

pelosi should be charged with impersonating someone supposedly intellegent - wonder how obama is gonna like her in a couple of years, they are already butting heads and he isn't even in office yet

"But presidents don't always get to choose the timing, or substance, of their policies.

George W. Bush was going to be the compassionate conservative - until terrorists attacked. Obama was going to revive the middle class - until the financial system collapsed and the entire economy needed reviving.

Obama is demonstrating he's already no stranger to that truth.

As he told CNN about the outgoing president he spent two years deriding: "I think he made the best decisions that he could at times under some very difficult circumstances." "

i think in a few years that same sentiment may apply to obama himself

If you challenge the intelligence of someone, you should at least spell the word right.

T

Actually I did read it and was impressed that more conservative states in the South seemed to have it on their agenda. I cannot believe such drivel would stand any chance in "Bama" or SC. Heck I don't think it could pass in NY. I don't think that there are enough law enforcement agents around to enforce it. Going into our homes to see if we have any unregistered ammo would certainly be "Unreasonable Search and Seizure" Heck I have some old Peters #4 buckshot with paper hulls that are as old as I am. Also have an unopened 1948 box of Remington UMC paper hulled shotshells that I can't imagine anyone but a collector would care about. I really think this is a storm in a tea kettle. That of course remains to be seen. Actually the Democrats haven't had a filibuster proof control until the last election. I surely believe we need change from time to time and it is the Democrats time to sink or swim. I personally think Obama is very intelligent (if anyone who wants that job can be classified as intelligent) and I am willing to give him a chance as I did Bush.

Actually Obama starts with an 83% approval rating and Bush ends with around a 20% approval rating according to a Gallop poll. If you are rich I can understand why you want Republican control. Please understand I'm working class and believe things for me and those like me will get better.

I think this horse has been beaten enough,
Harry

PS Be positive as we all have been negative for too long.

Was watching the female version of Keith Oberlin last night and they were talking about Pelosi and Reid wanting to charge the Bush administration with war crimes against humanity for torturing Gitmo detainees. WTF? Are they so filled with hatred and tunnel vision against him that they don't see that they themselves will be implicated? How in the world can they claim innocence in their charges when they knew, and colluded with, the administration? Talk about taking down the country. The woman was absolutely giddy talking about the possibilities of Bush being arrested in one of the countries that are signed up against torture. Makes me sick.
I believe that Gal and Obermin have the same DNA,or they are married to each other.Real evil there.

If you challenge the intelligence of someone, you should at least spell the word right.

T

ouch -- dat hurts -- you beez right T -- gess i shuld uz spell check mor or tipe mor slowly -- sorey

but you'll be happy to know i can spell "potato", and i'm not even the V.P.

LOL have a good day!

Last edited:
Good one George,

My wife told me what Dick Cheney is going to do now. He's going to write a book entitled "Adventures in Quail Hunting"
Best,
Harry

PS "Lord forgive me for that and be with all the starving pigmys"

A lot of good points made on this thread - My issue has always been the second Iraq war (too much like Vietnam). I certainly don't blame Bush for the economy but seems to me he F$#$ up every other aspect of his presidency. Frank Sinatra wrote a song for him many years ago called "My Way". History will judge whether his way was right or wrong - although I think I know the answer.

On a more important note - Does anyone else detect the enthusiasm generated by Obama's presidency ? I have not seen this kind of optimism since JFK was elected. If he is able to deliver, and that is a big if, we will all be better off in the long run. In my opinion his biggest challenge will be dealing with the Pelosi's of the world. I never like it when one party has both houses of congress and the presidency. It didn't help Bush and I don't see it helping Obama.

We should all say a prayer that he succeeds, because if he doesn't, when the Republicans return to power in about 8 years, the pieces will be too small to reassemble.

My2cents
Bill

Back