Quality foam decoys

You may want to look up Big Lake decoys in Ontario
https://m.facebook.com/Big-Lake-Decoys-534515589932528/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

Homer decoys are the best i just picked up a bunch and i love them i will be changing my whole spread this year to homers Tony i think ia the owner is the best at cust service do yourself a favor and check them out they are the closest thing to herters 72 that i have seen

The best looking decoys, with by far the biggest selection are E Allen Decoys handled by our own Duckboats member Lou Tisch of Lock, Stock, Barrel fame.

Extremely good looking, very detailed urethane foam decoys with most species and several different sizes available. You will have to pint, or find someone to paint them for you though.

The other mentioned, ready to hunt decoys are good blocks too. Depends on exactly what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.

Have fun researching!

Jon

Is Mike Braun still making LZ Decoys??? They are some good looking blocks too.

We have started our new line of Homer Decoys and are extremely happy with them and so are those who have used them. Our decoys are the next generation take on Herter Decoys. We extended the keel system gave it a slight recess for better hold on the water and the ability to hold the decoy by the keel for wrapping them. We also have a balanced self righting keel built into the bodies. The bodies are 3lb density foam a lb heavier than Herters were making them extremely durable, Our heads are what we believe to be the best on the market, We done extreme testing of them beating them with hammers directly on the bills, trying to crush them in a vise and even freezing them and beating them again. Same result virtually indestructible. And we offer a Lifetime Replacement warranty as well.

We currently 1 Magnum sized Body thats a full 14" long and the original design came from a body carved for us by Frank Peeters. We have 5 different diver heads, Canvasback, Bluebill,Goldeneye,Redhead. and a Mallard head. The Goldeneye and Bluebill master was carved by Steve Sanford, the Mallard carved by Frank Peeters and the Canvasback was carved by Walt Papke. We can create about every diver species and 2 sea ducks with what we have now and plan to add a Ringneck head and a Old Squaw head soon.

We are also working on a 16" Puddle duck body and a 18" Sea Duck Body, the puddle duck body was carved by Frank Peeters and the sea duck body by Robert Mitchell. To complement these bodies we have 5 different sea duck heads Common Eider,King Eider, Surf Scoter, Whitewing Scoter and a Surf with a clam in his bill.

We are extremely excited about the Homer decoy line and where it is going. You can follow us on Facebook to see all the protoptye photos and even some great videos testing out the heads and more importantly see some of the finished decoys from our customers as well. As a teaser here is a couple photos of the prototypes and a few of the finished decoys as well.

We have everyone of our decoys scanned to 3d images and create master production molds that we are running that allows us to run large quanities of decoys to be able to keep up with supply and demand. Our molder can run 4 decoy bodies in 2 minutes to give you an idea of how quick they are produced.

A few photos for viewing and if you need anything feel free to message me or check out the website or facebook page. I hope this helps as Homer Decoys are new this past fall.

RD, I have been trying to get a price out of Ureaduck for a month and nothing yet. I cannot imagine how long it would take to get the actual deoys.

That's too bad, they look good. Hopefully someone with experience will chime in. I am looking at the getting a few strings of divers on longlines for next year. I was looking at the ureaduck longliners, thought they may be easier to deploy by myself.

Thanks for the info Tony. Just to confirm you do have painted foam diver decoys available for sale now?

Is shipping to Canada a problem?

SK

Yes depending on species and yes we will ship to canada. It's pricy but we will do it. If your close to a boarder we can ship to a border location us side and you can pick up theregularly it tends to be less costly. If I don't have what you want in stock I csn have them in no more than a week.

Worth noting we also allow you to mix 6 packs and offer a extremely attractive guides discount for orders of 3 dozen or more.

Bodies are 14 in long 8in wide and 5.5in tall without the head. Very visible profile. You can see more at www.homerdecoys.com

The best looking decoys, with by far the biggest selection are E Allen Decoys handled by our own Duckboats member Lou Tisch of Lock, Stock, Barrel fame.

Extremely good looking, very detailed urethane foam decoys with most species and several different sizes available. You will have to paint, or find someone to paint them for you though.

+1 on E Allen decoys. I've always been a big fan and Lou Tisch is a great guy to deal with on all things duck and boat related. He'll have a great selection at the ODCCA Strongsville show.

my single decoy from URE duck was six months. And it was ugly. I have had Lou's decoys for years and they hold up well, ride nicely on the water and have a more realistic look than most other foamers on the market.

side not last i talked to mike braun he is only carving cedar and no longer doing foam decoys.

Last edited:
Back