Question for the Lake Erie Ohio guys

Steve McCullough

I am wanting to head to Lake Erie this spring for walleyes. I will be bringing about 6 people. Can anyone recommend a charter service? I would like something that has lodging, as we will be doing 2 or 3 days.

I did a google search and there is a lot to choose from. Just was wandering if anyone in that region can recommend someone reputable.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

My uncle charters out of Erie Pa, but I don't think he can handle 6 or 7 guys. I know you said spring, but when are you thinking of coming up? Before June I would probably recommend someone in the Western basin, possibly PortClinton area. Fish seem to move west to east as the water warms up

For spring you will want to go to port clinton, cataba lsland area. I have a freind that knows a lot of charter guys in the western basin. I will ask him and get you some recommendations.

Tom

Evil Eye Sportfishing Capt Marv Degreen. I have chartered him 5-8 times a year for 15 yrs and I can count on one hand the times we didnt get on the fish heavy.
Lodging close by. www.evileyesportfishing.com

Just a few miles farther North and you're in God's country, Michigan! You could fish the Saginaw Bay. Fish Point Lodge has charters and they do have room. It's ....rustic, as in NOT the Holiday Inn.

www.fishpointlodge.com

Steve

My dad's, cousin's, wife's brother's son (or is it son-in-law) runs a charter. I've been out with him a couple times, I think my dad was out one or two additional times. Had a good time, and he put us on the fish even though it was off prime.

Not sure who this young guy in the photo is??? circa 2000
2000augustlakeerie.jpg

http://www.wscba.com/captains/shamrock-charters-john-nickell.html

I'm fairly sure he doesn't have his own lodging, but sure he could recommend a place.

Chuck

call dave gwin 1-419-656-0879 with hwagn charters. I have been using him for last 10 years for my clients and they offer lodging and fish cleaning.

Doc,

In college a group of us would go up near Putt-N-Bay and fish we fished with a guy named Wink one year...Also Put-N-Bay charters a few times...I do not know if they still exist but both guides both times put us on fish...

Regards,
Kristan

Steve, Very good friend of mine, Pete Scheid, runs Captn Hook charters. He has boats and places to stay.

http://www.capthook.com/

Check out his site, and if and when you call him to talk, make sure you tell him you know me.
His condos, aka, The Pond, are close to everything. Again, check out his site.

Back