Real Names & Identity Theft

Who got it right? The fuge was infinitley more popular than this one. The downfall was caused by corporate overlords trying to fix something that wasn't broken. What your implying, I think, is incorrect. It's apples to oranges, the fuge offered something this site does not. Both are great in their own way, that's why we are all here. But to imply that this format is the right way is just pretentious, and wildly incorrect.

Respectfully,

Andrew

Jeff

I went over and read your suggestion and the resistence that it met. Just remember this, that site appears to be on brink of collapsing and we are strong. Now I ask, who got it right?

ERIC PATTERSON

First, I agree with how DHBP runs things, and believe using our real names does make this site the best discussion board I participate in. However, there is a potential for less than honest folks to take advantage of the information presented here:

Identity theft, no. Internet based stalking? Possibly. We post up where we live, and tell each other of upcoming trips with great anticipation of upcoming hunting trips to _______ (you pick the location)....I can see how that COULD be used by less than scrupulous folks. It's easy enough to take my name and the town I live in and use that to determine my address. Do I consider that risk to be great? Obviously not :) but it is there.

Scott

Scott

That reminds me. Michelle and I are gooing on a cruise and will be out of the country from Nov 3 to Nov 17. Our kids are staying with their grandparents. If you need to get in my house for any reason there's a key under the back doormat. See you when we get back :)

Eric

That reminds me. Michelle and I are gooing on a cruise and will be out of the country from Nov 3 to Nov 17. Our kids are staying with their grandparents. If you need to get in my house for any reason there's a key under the back doormat. See you when we get back :)

Eric

Can you reschedule? I'm already booked to clean out a different location those dates. ;>)

Scott

Eric

I took the liberty of reposting this info on Facebook for you!!!

Have a safe trip &no need to worry about the house, I'm sure it will be looked after.

The people on that forum love the drama that goes along with hiding behind a screen name!!!! Bunch of douches who like to talk the talk but most of them cant walk the walk!!!!!!!!!!

R

Eric,
That just so happens to correspond with MY trip back to Missouri where they apparently have places to hunt ducks :) We're smarter than you all though, we hide the key under the bbq grill on the back deck ;)

Back