Sara Wilson's last hours.

Yukon Mike

She survived her 15th winter but won't see another summer I'm afraid. She's been fading all weekend and I gave her some hydromorphone to keep her quiet this afternoon. If she makes the night I'll call the vet in the morning. I'm sad to see her go, but she's had an amazing life. I can't stand to see her struggle and suffer. She has been growing a large tumor on her front leg for the last few years and it opened up and began to bleed yesterday as well as loosing her back end. The skin is stretched so thin over it and her licking made it really bad in no time. I wrapped it up but she can't heal from that. I stayed up with her all last night, and everyone in the family had the day to say goodbye to her. Meg read to her outside in the sun even though Sara's been deaf for several years. Right now we're just hanging out watching the hockey game. Fifteen years is a long time to have a dog - we've had her longer than we've had kids. Actually, Sara was the ringbearer at our wedding. I want to write a proper eulogy tomorrow, but wanted to get this off my chest tonight.

Mike

You, Sarah and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers this evening and on.

I've been thru it. It's a shame we, as dog owners heve to go thru this.

Good luck.

Jon

Damn Mike,

I've been watching Ms. Wilson's escapades for a long time here. She's been such an important part of your adventures and this site it was hard to read your post. Give her a big hug for all of us, and hang in there. We'll be praying for you, Jane, Mac, and Meg.

George

Mike,
just from what little you said about her it is easy to see she's had a great life with you and your family. You may not be able to feed her scraps under the table, but my bet is she'll be with you 'til you catch up. You all are being sent a prayer.

Mike,

Sorry to hear this news. It is always tough, even when you know it is coming. My heart and prayers go out to you, Jane, Meg and Mac. Soon enough the healing will begin and you will be left with all the fond memories of the good times. God bless my friend, God bless.

It's their only fault, really.

Sorry to hear of it, but 15 is longer than most and she's had a tremendous life.

NR

Mike
Im sorry to hear this news and I think this is the worse time for you, knowing the end is near and you can not do anything about it. My thoughts are and prayers are with you mate and your Family, Prayes sent from the Kershaw Family.
Take Care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber.
Its all about Building that Bond.

Mike , This is such sad news but we all know that we owe this to our dogs for what they have given us. Sara will have plenty of high quality company while she waits at the bridge.

The cycle of life has so much to offer and now the toughest part of it is here. What a sad time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Mike, and your family.
Al

Mike,

So sorry to hear this. It's a pain we all can relate to all to well...repeated all to many times...

Take comfort that her pain will be over soon.

Chuck

Back