Sara Wilson's last hours.

Mike,
you, your wife and kids are in our thoughts today. I wish you strength for the next few weeks as I am sure you know you are going to need it.

Give a long look up at the the stunning view you have up there and think of all the great things and the simple ones too, that you shared over those 15 years.

Rest easy Sara Wilson.

I'll bet Sara could hear the story. They have "selective hearing" at that age as my dad used to say! Well...you're all in my thoughts today and you know you're doing the right thing for Sara.

That dog has one of the greatest dog names of all time...PERIOD!

I am so glad that you had 15 years with Sara, b ut I am thinking of you and your family during this tough time.

Mike , prayers coming your way. I am so sorry to hear the news. Wishing your family some closure.

Gary March

Sorry to here that and I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Never easy making that decision, but it shows how much you cared that you no longer wanted her to suffer.

Yep, her suffering is done. She made it through the night but had bled quite a bit more from her tumor. When I checked it this morning, the skin had ripped a good three inches along her leg. I couldn't get her into the vet today, but I couldn't let her lay there in pain either. She was disoriented, immobile, struggling, confused and hurting - so I put her in the back of my truck and piped the exhaust in there with the canopy all closed up. She was so weak, she died quickly. I cleaned all the blood off her and redressed her wound with a clean cloth just in case the kids wanted to see her one last time, which they did after school so I'm glad I took the time. I put her in the freezer and we'll bury her the next time we go out to Jane's cabin. I was thinking about making her a decoy, but really, most of the decoys I made and kept over the last 15 years were because of her. I'll think of her fondly anytime I set a rig out. She was up for anything and we logged a lot of miles together and I've got the pictures to remind me. Jenny's got some pretty big boots to fill!

Thanks for understanding guys. Its just part of loving a dog isn't it?

View attachment grouse.jpg

Here's a picture of her and the boys from last fall. You can see how big that tumor on her leg was getting. She actually only fetched one of those chickens, but we thought we should get her into a picture anyways.

Mike

I like to offer my condolences Mike. Sara was a great companion and we all enjoyed sharing your adventures with her.

Mike, My sincere condolences. we all have been through this and there is only one thing that is the same and that is that it never is easy. Sara had quite a good run and you were no doubt her very best friend right to the end.

Mike,

Sorry to hear this news! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts! 15 years! Wow, from the adventures we have seen thru your camera, no doubt she had a Grand Master and lived a joyous life!

Victor

My condolences to you and your family Mike, Sara Wilson is at peace now, and you have many fond memories of a very special friend.

Mike ,

Really sorry to hear about Sara Wilson my thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family !!!

Dave M

Mike, My best to you and your family. My prayers are with you as you move thru this difficult time. You will always have the memories and in time, a new dog might be just what your family needs to heal the pain. dc

mike,

i feel for you and the kids. glad you guys got so much time with her. I'm on "my" first lab... we've had family dogs growing up but this one has been by my side for 9 years. i dread the day when i go through the same thing. I promised him long ago that i won't let him suffer. Hopefully i have the strength you did when the time comes.

jeff

I'm very sorry. It hits home I have a very light colored yellow lab and 2 boys myself. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. That's a great picture to remember her by.

Back