scull boat paint color help

Mike Krei

I have a fiberglass Humboldt bay scull boat that I now have on a river in NE Washington. In open water I would repaint the boat in duck boat grey but now using it in the river I was thinking of a marsh grass paint color

Is this the right thing to do?
Thanks
Mike

Mike the best advice I can give is that you paint it a color that most matches the environment that you'll be hunting in. If your covering it with fast grass or the like the paint underneath probably wont matter that much.

I have a scull right across the border here in Idaho. I the went with a marsh brown. However, I have wondered if the open water grey would have been a better choice. Sorry I am not help..

I have a Merrymeeting style TDB sculler that I painted Olive drab base, sand brown, and black. I hunt the potomac and it seems to blend in well.

Hi Mike,
I don't scull but I done a lot of layout hunting. I don't think you can go wrong
with a light and dark gray scheme. I paint my boats like that and they blend well
in most areas. When you use a net or grass it looks like shadows.
just my .02 John

The river is wide and would accommodate the grey paint I guess I need to decide how much it will be used as a stationary boat blind what a great dilemna
Mike

I have a fiberglass Humboldt bay scull boat that I now have on a river in NE Washington. In open water I would repaint the boat in duck boat grey but now using it in the river I was thinking of a marsh grass paint color

Thanks
Mike

Mike,
To some extent, it's not as critical as you might think. We use open water gray patterns whether it's open water, large rivers, small rivers or flooded timber. I'll post up some pics of our open water pattern and some others we've worked with successfully.
Crud............don't know what's going on with the posting. I can't get pictures to post.
Lou

View attachment Brant-II-A001B.jpg

View attachment Brant-II-A002.jpg

View attachment Brant-II-A003.jpg

View attachment AAA-B2X-02.jpg

View attachment A-B2-SM03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks
Mike

Mike,
To some extent, it's not as critical as you might think. We use open water gray patterns whether it's open water, large rivers, small rivers or flooded timber. I'll post up some pics of our open water pattern and some others we've worked with successfully.
Crud............don't know what's going on with the posting. I can't get pictures to post.
Lou

Lou,
I couldn't get the in-line to work either. try the plain attachment. That worked for me.

Some paint schemes.
DadFish705103.jpg

000_picid4400X8BRjn8c9oAaq52qtHNlRh.jpg

Back