Scull today

Dave Sikorski

Got out today and found a few ducks on the water and we were able to play with a few. Saw some blacks, hoodies, a woody and a few mallards, and a bunch of Bald eagles and herons. It's only goose season now so this was a scouting mission and attempt at learning some new water. The boat performed great, and my arm is killing me. 6.3 total miles and hopefully some feathers the next time.

-D

Sculling is always fun whether you shoot anything or not. I had a local friend call me the other day and ask me if I knew of anyone on teh west coast that had a fiberglass scullboat for sale? I could not think of anyone. He wants to try and get a Euro wigeon with a scullboat. Other than dumb luck, it's about the only way you can get a EW that I know of.

Got your email and I'll be looking forward to getting "Willamina" shortly.
Thanks, Dave

Dave, bad timing ! I had recently shipped a new Hayden Scull boat to Nothern California. that was available, but sold it yesterday. Check is supposed to be in the mail today. If the deal falls apart I could let you know. Where is your friend located. He might want to hook up with my son John, who lives in Weed Ca. John might be able to take him out and help him to locate his special bird.
I could build him a new boat in about 3 weeks but with the shipping time, that would be too late for this season. Bob Hayden

I was giggling like a school girl as we almost ran over a pair of hoodies....TWICE. I have a short video that I'll try and get edited tomorrow.

Sculling is relaxing and fun, but damn my arms are tired.

sounds good Jeff.

She's leaving monday Dave

-D

Welcome Mike....my svelt bow man. Gotta get you some weight before the next scull.

You'll never figure out what kind of boat to get/build now.

-D

Back