Show me those bluebills!

OS wildfowler pair from my collection

Long Island hen from my collection, can't remember maker off the top of my head

Lesser and greater comparo, we are fortuneate enough to regularly shoot both here

I don't remember the carver on this one, Scott Ferris is that one of yours possibly?

Steve Sanford I believe

Gary Doviak if I am reading the card correctly

Pete Revicki I think?

from a hunt one morning

another widlfowler from my collection

Love the scaup medley Bill. I really like the old Long Island cork, what a classic! One can only imagine how many bills fell over that decoy...

Thanks for sharing! Pat

Nice birds Bill.

Here is my mystery bird. As I remember my wife bought this over 20 years ago on the Eastern Shore. I have no information about it and no one I have talked to has ever been able to recognize it's maker or another like it. I suspect the head is a replacement. Ideas anyone?

93A1B4CC-0491-4C65-B91A-69684EF7398D_zpsknyhry2z.jpg

265D4F67-5D7A-43EE-92D2-6FA0DC4236EE_zpsplwnpvsx.jpg

Brad - Like Bill, I have no idea who made it but agree, the keel is a cool piece of work. Almost looks to be more of the size of a ruddy duck... Pat

Bluebills truly are my favorite duck to hunt, and I'm loving this thread.
I'm currently deployed and don't have access to all my photos but here are a few I was able to dig up, sorry for the poor picture quality.

Some decoys from my collection.

Harve Davern, Brighton ON

Hugh Urbach, Hamilton ON

Charlie Reeves, Long Point Bay ON

Some of my older ones.

We had a large die off of birds over wintering on Lake Ontario last year. I lost count on the number of dead birds I found floating amongst the ice last spring. Lets hope that this year's cold winter cause the same thing.

Some sad shots, but it reflects on the tough life these birds have to live and some don't make it.

That same day, I did find many that did survive.

Gary - Love the Ontario birds and, nice work on your part as well. I share your passion for gunning scaup. Seems like many do.

Andrew - That Nichols is a classic! Wonderful post still going strong...

Did you ever wonder if it might be an Addie Nichol bird....he was DK's brother and they carved together...there is a lot of new info and books
On them a new one by Bernie Gates and on the cover is two bluebills
by Addie...there has been a lot of confusion in the past on who did what
From major decoy auctions....love your bird

I don't own the Nichols bird, just posted up the picture. I'm simply going off of what Guyette and Deeter sold it as in their July Auction last year when I say it is DK.

Back