Show me your open water grey painted rigs

Looking to paint my 20' Alaskan shortly and looking for camo ideas to put over top of my #33 FME open water grey paint...Thanks in advance....Ernie

I've got a base of open water dark gray and then use open water light gray to add "wave" highlites. Looks real good but no pics available.

I dont know how to post pictures.
But I can e-mail you a few. I used Lou's products last year and turned a 21 CC fishing boat into a fine Sea Duck boat if your interested. I did much more then just paint it.
You can post the pictures here if you like.
I cant seem to figure it out....

I dont know how to post pictures.
But I can e-mail you a few. I used Lou's products last year and turned a 21 CC fishing boat into a fine Sea Duck boat if your interested. I did much more then just paint it.
You can post the pictures here if you like.
I cant seem to figure it out....

Jeff,
If you want, email the pics to me and I'll post them for you.
Lou
duckguylsb@juno.com

Thanks Lou.
On there way.
And as a note; Lou not only sold me a great product, he was very helpful with application tips from start to finish.

Thanks Lou.
On there way.
And as a note; Lou not only sold me a great product, he was very helpful with application tips from start to finish.

Happy to be of service.
Just got your pics & I'll edit and post in a couple minutes.
Lou

Jeff Wilson's Sea Duck Boat Project...posted for Jeff

View attachment hydra sport 21.jpg
Here's the "before"

View attachment Inspections on 10-12-10 205.jpg
45 man hours of sanding, prep work, sanding, did I mention sanding...
4 hours of building the blind frame out of HD schedule 40 pvc pipping with
galvanized fittings.
1 coat inside and out of PPG Epoxy primer...
3 coats of FME in medium gray the base coat is done inside and out.

View attachment Inspections on 10-12-10 207.jpg

View attachment Inspections on 10-12-10 208.jpg

View attachment Inspections on 10-12-10 209.jpg
Top Gun blind material installed and trailable up to 90MPh..already tested
:)
Finish camo paint using FME light gray and FME black

Last edited:
FME Open Water Light Gray and Parker's Bay Gray. I painted the stripes and then broke them up a little with a sponge.

P1010030.jpg

These are both painted with FME. Its a good as you hear maybe better.

The first is my Garvey I built last year. Its currently in the garage getting touched up and ready for this season.
10-28-2010%20Duck%20Hunting%20016.jpg

This is my BBIII I built a few years back. Its currently still under the tarp and I am wondering if it will get used this season.

2010-02-13-BlackBrant3-02.jpg

Great looking rigs guys!!! Thanks Lou for helping Jeff get his photos up to view.. Alot of hard work goes into doing a boat up right and it shows from all your photos.....As practical as the rolling wave lines are on Lou's rigs, I still like the patches of light gray with black outline mixed in...

Any better shots of that purdy Garvey Brandon ???

Keep the photos coming...:) Thank you

Last edited:
You're right Cody, that is a cool looking camo pattern, i'm starting to think that horizontal lines will blend better on the water than vertical, but camo jobs can be like buying fishing lures, it's what looks good to us, and maybe not what the fish will like...

Back