Show us your duckboat

Phil,
Whats your frame on the Honker blind and whats the method you used to attach the uprights to the boat? I have a garvey that I'm looking to redo the blind configuration on over the spring and was thinking along the same lines...Thanks...
Bruce

I have several boats. [wink]

Phowler mud rig and Migrator

"logged in marsh boat"

boat blind

fishing boat

tender boat

tow boat

-----------

I have been hunting with a Gus Heinriches jr. 12' Glass over Cedar Sneakbox with a Mercury 9.9 pulling a pond box. We hunt salt marsh and the Delaware river with the boat. Hunting puddle ducks and divers!

Pond Box!

I also have a 1448 Jon boat with a 25 evinrude that i used for hunting divers and the bigger parts of the river! Upgrading to a bigger boat this off season cant wait!!!

Here's my AA Broadbill prior to season
IMG_20131003_133332.jpg

DSCN0541_zps118d1789.jpg

My AA Wigeon with its winter coat on. Grass zip tied to plastic fence. Fencing cut to shap of cockpit cover and the middle piece cut out is in use to cover the motor. It has a Thai longtail kit with a HF Predator 212 for power. Picked the mud motor over a outboard since it is a lawn mower motor that I can replace in a pinch for $95 in about two hours including the trip to HF. Hunting with this little craft is strictly small water but she can haul the decoys, about 42 duck and 9 goose decoys.
705de013-bad2-46c0-aa07-3c6e7e3aed28_zps29f08a54.jpg

DSCN0493_zpsbc0c9896.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BBIII, with my buddy Rod and my cheesy Belle,

IMG_4202.jpg
[/URL]
out on the point,
IMG_4236_zps4cf4e279.jpg
[/URL]

loaded with a few decoys for the print home,
IMG_5624.jpg
[/URL]

here is my duck boat a few diffrent ways i had it camoed for the season and the paint job i gave it before season opened. its nothing special just a perception kayak i rigged up with bungee and camo painted i pull a 54" jet sled behind me and it takes me every where i need to go rivers lake streams ponds bog bay you name it me and this boat have been there. it is one hell of a work out pulling the sled and busting ice but i do what i got to do. it is really stable and floats low in the water. i have even used it as a layout blind up on the banks in the marsh i just find a decent trench or crack set the boat in then throw some brush on. not the greatest setup but it does work i know alot of guys ask about hunting out of kayaks thats the main reason im sharing just to show that it can be done just takes a little more effort and a little bit of craftieness<? storing decoys. i even tried once making a slip on cover out of a burlap blind from walmart i used heavy duty fishing sting and sowed it up cut it to fit it worked for a few hunts but i kept getting snagged on stumps hunting in shallow water so i decided that was not the right approach. im sure with a stronger material it would work just a little food for thought. anyway i plan to get my othe boat registered and a blind setup on it so we will be using that a 12 foot semi v hull sears alluminum boat manly because i have to many decoys to be dragging around in a kayak. but for some one just starting out who has a kayak and a few decoys kayak works great!

View attachment kayak 1.jpg
View attachment kayak2.jpg
View attachment kayak3.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it was..had an engine issue resolved and now back in action for the remainder of the season.We had a great day out yesterday in that cold blow..ducks and geese

Devlin Black Brant III
Evinrude 25hp 2-stroke
Used to hunt everything from back bays and tidal creeks to open water
Great boat for 2 guys and a dog.

Devlin Black Brant III
Evinrude 25hp 2-stroke
Used to hunt everything from back bays and tidal creeks to open water
Great boat for 2 guys and a dog.

'
'
Love that boat John

Original 17' TDB Classic
Rebuilt wood blind top
synthetic grass rails
40hp E-Tech

Any details on how you attached the wooden blind to the boat? Im considering a wood panel blind on my garvey

My 14ft Southbay Boat, originally designed as a custom layout by SouthBay Boats in Sayville. Bought in 2006, run a 2001 15hp Mercury. New Grass rails, Floor, Flaps & cleats since last year.
Used for hunting the southshore of Long Island.
Love the boat but i've outgrown it thinking of upgrading to a 14'TDB for next season..

2555062c-b049-498c-9515-acf799fb4245_zpsf738668c.jpg

Back