Smoked Venison ?

I like mine still running so once it got to 160 I'd pull it. Never smoked tenderloin though. We have cooked back straps, Sous Vide vacuum sealed , then cold smoked it to keep it from drying out.

I never used a thermometer I just touched it to make sure it had the right "give".

I like carpaccio and tar-tar. So more raw is welcomed.

Good luck!

Are you wanting to know cooking temperature or temp to pull the meat? I have a Big Green Egg and if I am doing venison tenderloin, I would get the Egg temp to ~275 - 290. Put whatever hardwood lump you like for smoke (I have been experimenting with pecan and really like it) pull venison at 140 F and allow to rest for 10 minutes and then slice into medallions and serve

Enjoy,
Steve

Tenderloins should cook very quickly. I'd smoke early and just check the meat until done for you. Got to get my smoker out, my mouth is watering...

LOL! Problem is we eat the tenderloin the day we kill the deer as a celebration! If anyone has venison tenderloin to cook, party at my place!!! :)

Take any venison roast, dry brine it over night, leave it damp and hit with your spices, smoke till IT is 140. It will cook pretty fast with the smoker about 250 .Slice hot or cold. 160 is way over done for venison.

Back