sneak boxes

Very nice John. Do you have pics of the hull shape? How much do they weigh? Are they patterned after a commercial design?

Very cool boats. Being an aluminum boat fan, I've always enjoyed watching the (too few) guys who built their duck boats out of aluminum. Can you give us a few more details, like have you got Coast Guard certification so we can register your boats? How about flotation, is there any? If not would you be willing to add compartments fore and aft for flotation foam? She looks light enough for reasonable rowing, have you looked at adding raised, reinforced oarlock sockets?

From the photos, which look great, one additional area I would have concerns with, is the light weight keelsons / runners. They look like they would take a wicked beating when dragging the boat off a tidal shore. Could they be doubled up with space between for a replaceable high density plastic insert? Closed channel at the stern and a few pop rivets into the plastic down each side should lock it in place while remaining easy to swap out.

Wish the boats were closer than a 9 hour round trip, as I'd love to see one. Let me know if your ever dragging one north.

Scott

I love it! If I was hunting solo, I'd make the drive to get one.

the boats are 11 foot 2 inches long, 4 foot 6 inches wide and 13 inches deep. the boat resembles a broad bill but is about 6 inches longer, slightly narrower and 2 inches deeper for more foot room when laying down and hunting. selling them for $1800.00

I think that is a good price point, I would think they should sell well.

thanx carl, hopefully i can put a few bucks in my pocket. i am going to be designing a larger one within the next year, probably around 13 to 14 foot.

Back