Some Layout pics from the Last Day

Rob Canady

1-29-11002.jpg

1-29-11012.jpg

1-29-11006.jpg

1-29-11014.jpg

1-29-11026.jpg

It was dead calm that morning and we managed to scratch out a few divers, we moved for the afternoon and set up on the seaducks and did better, wind picked up to 10-15 but the MLB did great as usual. I have really put it to the test this year and couldnt believe the chop you could hunt in with the spray shield up. Definetly more capable then i am comfortable in!

nice birds good rig good lines. Do you hunt MLB supermag? my bub has one and 2man and loves it. I wish i could get sea ducks i layout erie and LSC

Rob - Great shots - those layouts have such a low profile, must be exciting when the birds are coming in and I imagine you get nice close shots. Great showing everything from a little distance.
thanks for posting !
sarge

Nice pics Rob, That was a fun day to end the season on.

Did you ever get any pictures of the boat in the water that afternoon when the weather kicked up?

I would venture to say we managed to get some blood on the Sea Ox which was all I was hoping for after getting it finished so late in the season.

Cant wait to do it again next year, hopefully by then the ole Sea Ox will have a few improvements and will be a finely tuned tending machine, we got all the bugs out this year.

Will

Nice pics Rob, That was a fun day to end the season on.

Did you ever get any pictures of the boat in the water that afternoon when the weather kicked up?

I would venture to say we managed to get some blood on the Sea Ox which was all I was hoping for after getting it finished so late in the season.

Cant wait to do it again next year, hopefully by then the ole Sea Ox will have a few improvements and will be a finely tuned tending machine, we got all the bugs out this year.

Will

heck yea your boat helps out a ton, its hard to hunt all that equipment out of a small tender. Having something bigger and safer makes it alot more enjoyable.

no i never got any pictures of the boat and the spread from the afternoon.

nice birds good rig good lines. Do you hunt MLB supermag? my bub has one and 2man and loves it. I wish i could get sea ducks i layout erie and LSC

yea thats the MLB supermag. I bought it used and made some improvements (sewed a new spash shield, reinforced some glass areas, added a bow eye under the water line and put in a drain plug). Ive been experimenting with some different colors, that one i really like on blue sky days. Its just a solid color from sherwin williams

the only thing i dont like about it is i cant turn my big feet around in the leg area under the deck, they have to stay sideways the entire time which doesnt sound like a big deal but after a couple hours it gets uncomfortable. I guess its a trade off though for the low profile characteristics of the boat.

Congrats Rob. Could you share recipe(s) for seaducks?

man i sure dont, i wish someone would give me some simple ones that made them good. I have tried them different ways... the ole' bacon wrap with cheese, peppers, and bbq sauce is ok. Ive also fried them and used plenty of ketchup (i have concluded that all ducks taste exactly the same this way) most of the time we just give them away though to people that want to eat them.

Back