Spring turkey - Florida

,,,,,,,,and I know someone that would love to trade a duck hunt with you. He's the best there is down this way and has the baddest airboat in the marsh...

Hummmm,,,, must be someone from another forum. Certainly no one here comes to mind. :>) :>) hehe

I think he is talking about Capt Jeff ;)

Nope, Not Capt. Jeff - ha ha, Mr. funnybones.

Hitch

There was one ol' boy that worked at the Hort unit that lived on Orange Lake. He always had an air boat. I remember everyone asking him about his boat, if it was fast. His reply was "It's fast enough you won't hold it open." He had a 425 Cadillac motor on it. I guess it wasn't fast out of the hole. But, could run down any boat on the lake at the time. He took me out once. I was more interested in sight seeing than eating bugs and crying. He had the biggest wild gator I ever saw sunning on a log just off his dock, about 12 foot.

Tom

Guys still use the big Cadillac motors. They’re a torque monster. One friend has a huge airboat with one of the old big blocks. I’ve seen him pull up cold to the side of a levee with 6 folks on board, nail it and slide up and over.
Capt Scott’s boat is just as bad, with a big block Chevy 496 marine engine, fuel injected…he can easily mow down huge willow trees and run dry wherever he wishes. And he's the nicest old Cracker (real Florida Cowboy) you'll ever meet...and my best friend.
www.customadventuresequipment.com
Hitch

I will second Hitch on his comments about Scott. I've been on one of Scott's airboat tour with my family and we had a great time. I know this is off topic from the original post, but however Scott's service is Top Shelf!

Back