Sub $1K kit trailers...

They are the biggest out there for several states, that's why I mentioned it for you. They generally have the best price on anything, they also have some used stuff, but I think that would be bigger trailers. I thought a landscape trailer if you could get it right would work for a raft.

I've been down the kit trailer road. Harbor freight and Northern Tool. I don't recommend them. I made a boat trailer from the Harbor Freight offering they called the red trailer for my first Momarsh Fatboy. The trailer twisting and vibration caused a rub through on the hull. I bought the one Northern tool offered. It was advertised as heavy duty. I had to order that one. I took it back when I discovered the only difference was 12" tires rather than 8" on the Harbor Freight. I hope you find one that fits your needs. Maybe a modified Malone kayak trailer would work.

Yep, I've looked at new trailer prices, they sure aint as cheap as they used to be!
With how salty the water is down here even in the bays, I will be lucky if I get 4 more years out of my old trailer. Not looking forward to having to buy a new one.
I went aluminum when I moved down there. You just can't spray the salt off enough.

I've been down the kit trailer road. Harbor freight and Northern Tool. I don't recommend them. I made a boat trailer from the Harbor Freight offering they called the red trailer for my first Momarsh Fatboy. The trailer twisting and vibration caused a rub through on the hull. I bought the one Northern tool offered. It was advertised as heavy duty. I had to order that one. I took it back when I discovered the only difference was 12" tires rather than 8" on the Harbor Freight. I hope you find one that fits your needs. Maybe a modified Malone kayak trailer would work.

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the first hand info. Your comment about the folding trailer confirmed what I'd expected about them, I'll steer clear.

Back