TDB 17 Questions

That is awesome!!! Im am sold. Just a little pricey for me. I need to find a used one.
Where do you hunt? And is it mostly for scoters and eiders. Would love to pick your brain about it a little if that is ok? I am going to be in Montauk NY hunting them as soon as the weather allow.
Can you send me a PM?

Doug,
I once beached a duck boat likes yours pictured above....but it wasn't on purpose.The tide got ahead of me a few years backs on a cold and wet xmas morning,I finally made it home around 3pm! I still hear about it.
Nice rig!

Well,I got home from Kentucky on Thursday with a used Bankes Freedom.
Sea trials and a couple hunts already completed.
So far so good.I am pleased.
Bankes builds a solid rig!
Thanks,

The boat came out of Ohio,I picked it up in Ky.
I'll get pics up eventually.
The boat is the one featured in the Bankes Freedom Advertisement on youtube.

I had a 2001 TDB 17 Sea Class. It was a good boat. I currently have a Bankes. A Bankes will cost you more money but you will end up with a better boat. The blind is also a lot nicer on the bankes. It fits very tightly and isn't secured by any pins.

I am not saying anything negative about the old TDB's. Mine never had a major issue and served me very well. I sold it because I wanted a bigger boat.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Bankes or a TDB. Buy what fits in your budget.

TDB doen't have bad customer service, they have no customer service. I reached out to them atleast 10 times. Never got a resonse. I don't think they are in business anymore. If they are still in business, they are very bad at it.

TDB doen't have bad customer service, they have no customer service. I reached out to them atleast 10 times. Never got a resonse. I don't think they are in business anymore. If they are still in business, they are very bad at it

TDB is under new ownership. They are still formulating their plans for the duck boat division of their operation (their main racket is sailboats, but used to make the TDBs for Christian before the sale to AA). I let them know about the Kentucky boat QC issues, real or imagined, and that they will need to address that when they start production, which from what I hear may not be until summertime.

Back