The Big Blizzard...

Capt. Brian Rhodes

Finally got my cable and internet back today. I lost power for 24 hours, my sister still doesn't have hers back yet. They are hoping tomorrow. Good thing she has a wood stove!

I'd say I got around 15", hard to tell with all the blowing and drifting.

Here's a few shots I took. You can see why the power went out!

blizzard.jpg

blizzard2.jpg

blizzard4.jpg

blizzard5.jpg

blizzard3.jpg

3iluvri2.jpg

3iluvri.jpg

Beautiful pics!

Yeah, power lines work alot better then they are still attached to the poles......

Brian - we had about the same with quite a bit of N E wind for about 12 hours. I did not lose power (for a change) but the far end of my street did when a plow ran into a pole.........people were ticked !
A guy in my office down south of Boston had a surge of power go into his house blowing out appliances and ruining his power board. Now he has to wait for an inspector's OK before he can get his heat back...........had to move out for about a week !
sarge

Thanks for those nice pictures, Brian. Glad to hear that you only lost the power for a short time. That last shot is spectacular.
Al

Brian, great pictures. We got slush for the first six inches, snow blower had a work out. Ended up with about a full 18". I'm retired from a utility and really don't care for snow anymore.
Do a little shooting up your way, north RI, Addieville SC.

After Superstorm Sandy and the Fluke foot of snow to follow a week later, the electric company has had their contractors out trimming back all the trees overhanging the power lines. That was one of the biggest complaints by the out-of-state helpers is that the trees were not properly pruned.

Back