The places we go--the things we see....

Steve Sutton

In no particular order......and blame Tim if you don't like em...

Dry Falls-Central Washington-the LARGEST WATERFALL THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN

44-DryFalls.jpg

Big Country-North Central Washington

wheatcountry-EWa.jpg

Put up for the Winter

rollinrollinrollin-2.jpg

Early Harvest-Eastern Washington

inthedistance-2.jpg

Thats my boy

Mike-2009.jpg

Early color at Snoqualmie Pass, Washington

SnoqualmiePass.jpg

Afternoon Mulies in the Palouse-Eastern Washington

eveningMuleDeer.jpg

Palouse Country--Eastern Washington

Palouse-3.jpg

Blowing snow-Scobey, Montana

dejavuealloveragain_resize.jpg

Montana Roosters

OpeningDay-RoostersandMike.jpg

Dooley, Montana Church-est 1913

DooleyChurch-1913.jpg

Heading West over the Rockies-Western Montana

BNSF-Montana_resize_edited-2.jpg

BYE...for now

afternoondelight.jpg

Steve and Mike

Last edited:
Feel free to blame me. They are all good but the dry falls and train are awesome. Nice to see you have some pictures without a bunch of trees getting in the way of the scenery.

Tim

Awesome pictures! A little different than the amish country of Ohio!

I just set my background to the train picture. My co-workers don't like pictures of dead animals, it's a shared computer.

Tom

Steve! Very nice pictures. I am glad to see you are using that camera. Question??????? Did you drive through Spokane without stoping at my house? I am leaving for Montana Saturday morning. Hope the weather gets a little nasty next week over there.

Graet shots. Love the train photo

Gary March

Great pictures Steve, thanks for posting them. "Early color at Snoqualmie Pass" That picture almost makes it appear like the hillside is on fire. All the reds look like advancing flames. Neat Photo.

Ahhhhh to pick which one is my favorite? Love em all...really couldn't choose which is my favorite, but the one of Dry Falls is AWESOME...and I REALLY REALLY like the blowing snow picture...

When were you up there, Steve? Judging by the snow I'd guess you were around the weekend of the 10th. I chased speed goats a couple of days and waterfowl on the Mo another couple from Oct 10 to 14. Heading back with elk tag in pocket the week of Thanksgiving.

Good to see you post Dave.....I was there for the Pheasant Opener with Don Shearer....

Lots of snow.....we had plans to camp but once I turned up the whine to "you can't shut me up" we moved to the Hotel where it was warm, dry and comfortable......somehow certain people thought they could "shame me" into camping in that crap by nick-naming me "the Plentywood Penocha", but I'm proud to report that after one single night of camping in that crap said "nicknamers" were first in line at the hotel checkin desk....

I was pleased with the number of Pheasants....Don said numbers were "down"....I'll be happy to accept that so that I can imagine just how many there will be in a "good" year....

Sharptails were "scarce and spooky"....and the Huns were few and far between......

It was a great trip though.....no doubt about that....

Steve

I hear ya, man. Funny thing was I intentionally moved up my trip to enjoy the pheasant and antelope openers, and some duck hunting in relatively WARM weather this year. I missed the pheasant opener since I had to leave Denver a day late due to I-25 being icy and closed. I had abandoned my usual plan to camp on the ranch when I saw the forecast. I was pretty sure I heard one of my huevos hit the ground when I climbed out of the truck. Twenty miles o'hour wind, snowing and 17 degrees. Uh huh, perfect weather to climb up on the exposed ridge and glass for goats. Never saw a one above the 4000-foot snow line so I bagged it and headed over to Canyon Ferry only to find the WMA ponds solid enough to support the NHL Players' Association. Luckily, the waterfowling on the Big Mo was outstanding while waiting a couple of days for the goat weather to improve. Went back to the ranch on the 14th to a temp near 60 degrees and a bunch of antelope with a goodun in the group, so it all worked out in the end.

I had heard the pheasants would be spotty in central MT and that seemed accurate. Sharptails were really thin but I had never seen so many Huns. There were even some dumbass doves still hanging around. Hopefully I'll have more time on the return trip in November to chase birds and fill a fall turkey tag. While I'm daydreaming about this I'm looking at about 20 inches of new snow on the ground here in town. Holy moly.

Last edited:
but was the hotel a conde' nast approved lodging facility - you know I would want to know. Bwhahahaaha

That "Dry falls" is that the geologic structure left when the big glacial lake broke through an Ice dam repeatedly a loooong time ago? I 've seen it on teleovisionator.. If its not its still awesome.

one of those places that when you stand on the overlook you say to yourself...."something BIG happened here"....no way a single shot, or a computer screen, can give you the scale present in 3-1/2 Miles of waterfall face....

The USGS says it better than me.....

45-DryFallssign.jpg

Steve

been crawling....all but one night you would have had to pack yourself into sterilized garbage bags and sleep in the tub after you had bleached it......and unlike here the was no FIVE STAR located only 100 miles away....

I laughed when you said earlier that you wanted to do a week long upland hunt....best stay in Ca. and hunt someplace like an Orvis endorsed Lodge with sterilized sheets and planted birds...

Steve

Back