The sign said CLOSED

Pat Richter

Got to the launch ramp about 4.30 . A pickup pulled in and started to unload barricades , that he put across the ramp. He said nothing more than read the sign . It read CLOSED due to a lapse in appropriations, all U.S Fish and Wildlife Service lands, including National Refuges, are closed and all programs. Now what. This is on pool 9

We're hunting up on Pool 4 just don't use FWS launches. Looks like the state of MN assumed the navigable waters are open as well. They have their invasive species mobile boat wash up and running at their state boat launch which completely surrounded by UMFWS lands. The mobile wash will hose off boats going back to locations off the river.

Last edited:
Pat, I sure hope that you will be able to find another spot in which to go hunting. Good luck to you.

Bev and I drove some 12 miles south of the house to check out Bosque del Apache NWR and found that the entrance had a blockade. My heart goes out to all those thousands of individuals, especially the younger ones, who are getting a paycheck but one that has 5 or 6 days of pay missing. I wonder if the banks and credit unions will be as understanding when it comes time to paying bills?

Oh, Lord, wouldn't it be wonderful if Harry Reid, John Boehner, Nancy Pelosi, and Eric Cantor were being told that they, too, will not be receiving a paycheck for each and every day of impasse? If that was set in stone, I wonder how many days of this grief we actually would have?
Al

Back