Time to dunk it

Gary Jensen

Finally finished my DHII project and today is the day to dunk it in the lake.
Finally got the registration.
boatbuild92609004.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Gary,

Again, great job on the boat. I got to see it up and personal this past weekend and pictures just don't do it justice.

Awesome, good to see a DHII. This coming season will be season five for my DHII. Great little boat. Enjoy

No it not go in the water on Monday,, life got in the way again, but, it is most certainly going for a dunk in Lake Onalaska.

Thanks guys for the compliments on the boat. I take it as an honor coming from you guys.

Nice looking boat Gary.I do like the looks of the DH.I spring turkey hunt in Eastman. You anywhere close to that? What did you have to do to get it registered? I built a Kara Hummer 2 years and put a transom on it.Need to register it for an electric or a 4hp Evenrude.

Last edited:
Gary
Sorry I missed the LaCrosse get together and seeing the great job you did on your duck boat. Next time you are on lake Onalaska wave to my oldest sister who lives on the lake at Breezy Point. Have you hunted on the lake in the past?
wis boz

Great looking boat. I hope all went well. There has to be a ton of farmers who wished their corn field looked that good.

Al

I got it wet today, but it did not go off without a couple of hickups. Broke a brand new trailer light while launching, and the motor was pretty rough until I got the fuel/air mixture right. The whale tail worked great, had no trouble getting it out of the hole. Put the GPS on it and it is no speed demon with the 20 horse. (15mph) with two people and fishing gear.

Robert I am just north of Eastman, probably about 20 miles.

Wis, I have not hunted lake Onalaska, in fact the oonly duck hunting that I have done is the occasional woody while I was hunting creek bottoms for grouse.
We did train our herd of german shorthairs to hunt not only upland but waterfowl also. Figured if they hunted ducks that I should too. So this will be the first year.
So I will probably be bugging you guys for tips.

Again thanks for all the compliments.

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
Broke a brand new trailer light while launching,

Gary,

Sounds like you had a rough start. For what it's worth, There are brackets available which will help protect your trailer lights.
Purchase info or you could make up some yourself if you have access to the right tools.
[/font]
Thanks for the info Dave, I will have to take a look at those, they look like a great design.
All and all it went well for a first launch with a new boat and trailer. Some bugs figured out and corrected and the boat did well and loaded very easily on the trailer. I think that maybe a 25hp may be in the picture next year. Really looking forward to the fall crappie bite, and learning this duck hunting thing.

Back