Toledo Decoy Co

They are outstanding decoys. Large magnum size, burlapped bodies, heavy density heads, nice paint jobs. Tom is a good guy to deal with.

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10 dozen Toledos and love them. Very durable - practically indestructable. I don't think Herters are even in the same league as Toledo's - also Tom is a great guy to do business with. You won't be disappointed with Toledos.

I should also make a correction. Tom's decoys are not Styrofoam. They are urethane foam; the two-part kind. Much tougher and denser than Styrofoam.

Tom Tschabold of Toledo Decoys runs a great business. I've bought decoys from him on numerous occasions and had him burlap foam decoys I picked up. His work it first class, his decoys are indestructable, and his customer service record is impeccable. You can't go wrong and you won't be dissapointed.

Eric

Just have him burlap them and if the heads need done repaint them or buy new heads from Tom at Toledo Decoys.He redid some of my herters and they turned out awesome.

I'm considering overhauling some herters. I'll need some new heads. How sturdy are the heads on these decoys? I saw that he casts a nail into the bill for durability. Could they withstand a drop on the boat floor landing on the bill? The way I operate it's gonna happen. Thanks Rich.

I have NEVER seen a head tougher than Tom's. Honestly, I think you could probably pound nails with them. I've shot them and had the shot bounce off. There is absolutely no comparison with the cheap Herters heads I have seen that break if the weather gets below freezing.

Call Tom he said that they were backed up for this hunting season and wouldnt be able to have any thing made for this year.

They are awesome.. Purchased 2 dozen GIANT scoters this summer.. Have had some other decoys from them.. very very tough.. Ride in the water well.. No complaints. .Tom will get you fixed up

Back