Poke boat

Poke Boat Double

12' Aquapod

Inflatable kyak

Kara

Need:

2 man pumpkin-seed layout

Bankes Goliath

Good scull boat (shoulder surgery that would let me propel said scull boat)

Nova Scotia Duck tub...

16' Scott Duck Boat + 16Hp GDLT
14' Scott Duck Boat + 3Hp Evinrude Folding Duck Twin
15'4" Gheenoe Hi-Sider +6.5 Hp GDLT
14' Long Pont Punt Boat + 5Hp Merc
12' Springbok + 9.8 Hp Merc (my first duck boat, 1992)
15' Springbok Canoe + 1.5 Hp Evinrude Mate
Bankes Pumpkinseed Layout Boat

and now I'm looking for a 18' tender to use for the layout boat.......
......one can never have too many duck boats, just not enough time to fully enjoy them!

My son's buddy when they were in high school asserted that I had a "Duck Navy". I always liked that phrase, though my Navy met defeat in the throes of an ugly divorce. Gone is my Zodiac, my canoe, my Folboat and my 17-foot jet sled...all that remains is my Marsh Hawk and if they'd permit I'd chose it for my actual coffin. I'm pleased to see so many fleets in the Duck Navy stationed around the country. Maybe we should have a flag?

I started telling my wife you cant count kayaks or canoes as boats shortly after I started accumulating boats. She has accepted this as a fact. So for me I have a lot less boats then you guys !

Brandon, help please! What was the winning argument? Have tried this path with my wife, and been told that I am allowed to add any additional canoes or kayaks if and only if I build, without spending any money, an additional boat storage building. (I have been looking a lean-to design I could construct with poles I could cut out back and spruce/fir tips as a roof.)

For now, any canoe, kayak, or small tin boat purchases are allowed so long as the boats are promptly driven north and stashed on remote brook trout ponds.

As for the count: 2 canoes and 2 kayaks in the barn; a MMB sculler in the barn; a 14 foot Lowe with a 15 in the garage; 3 canoes and a 12 foot john boat stashed in the woods in strategic locations I will only reveal to my most trusted friends. Looking for 2 additional remote pond canoes before spring--preferably 16-17 foot Grummans, which (a) stand up well to being dragged into the woods behind a snowmobile; and (b) are essentially bomb and vandal proof unless a tree falls directly onto them. (Which does happen--wish I'd taken pictures.) All plastic Old Towns from the annual scratch/dent/seconds factory sale in Old Town are pretty good, too, but the wooden thwarts will rot out over time.

I started telling my wife you cant count kayaks or canoes as boats shortly after I started accumulating boats. She has accepted this as a fact. So for me I have a lot less boats then you guys !

Brandon, help please! What was the winning argument? Have tried this path with my wife, and been told that I am allowed to add any additional canoes or kayaks if and only if I build, without spending any money, an additional boat storage building. (I have been looking a lean-to design I could construct with poles I could cut out back and spruce/fir tips as a roof.)

For now, any canoe, kayak, or small tin boat purchases are allowed so long as the boats are promptly driven north and stashed on remote brook trout ponds.

As for the count: 2 canoes and 2 kayaks in the barn; a MMB sculler in the barn; a 14 foot Lowe with a 15 in the garage; 3 canoes and a 12 foot john boat stashed in the woods in strategic locations I will only reveal to my most trusted friends. Looking for 2 additional remote pond canoes before spring--preferably 16-17 foot Grummans, which (a) stand up well to being dragged into the woods behind a snowmobile; and (b) are essentially bomb and vandal proof unless a tree falls directly onto them. (Which does happen--wish I'd taken pictures.) All plastic Old Towns from the annual scratch/dent/seconds factory sale in Old Town are pretty good, too, but the wooden thwarts will rot out over time.

Jeff , I explained to my wife that boats only count if you have to trailer them or register them. Having them on mutliple locations helps:) 2 lost pond boats,3 guide boats,3 canoe's, 4 kayak's. Hope that helps with the wife.

Jeff, I think I could make arrangements for you to store them on my property till you deliver them to a pond. I would even be willing to exercise them occasionally on the pond to keep them in use and evaluate the trout resource in the pond.

What your wife does not see, does not exist.

Back