Truck tires?

Bf's are the only way to go. Used Them for years on my pick up. Mainly driving on roads. Those tires and a little weight seem to go just about anywhere in two wheel. Four wheel was even better.

My 04 f250 came with BFG Rugged trail TA's 12 ply rating. I run 80 lbs in them. when the original set hit 75000 miles I changed them out before a 2000 mi trip to ND. The kid in the tire store asked me if he could have my old tires for his truck. The second set went 103000 without a hitch could run 80 mph all day long never a shake or wear problem. My third set will probably outlast my truck as it has almost 200000miles on it. I guess my opinion on these tires is, if its not broke , dont fix it. Rich

I just replaced my BFG All Terrain KO's last week. I took the old ones to almost no tread left at all. 82,000 miles on the old set and I run my truck everyday both highway, town and include the march and fields. The old truck (2001 F 150 Super crew) has 227,000 miles on her with never a mechanical problem. If this set of tires lasts as long as the last set I may just buy my tires a new truck!

Bill V

Last year I put Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 08 F150 and they are just amazing. Little more pricey but worth the money IMO

I ran BFG AT's the last 5 years I had my Pathfinder (40K mi). By the end I was hating them. I'm not sure if the rubber had simply hardened over time or what but any rain or snow and they were like driving on ice. Lots of tread left but if I hadn't gotten bough a new rig I would have replaced the tires due to the very poor traction. My Xterra came with BFG rugged Trails, and while I don't know how "rugged" they are they have been very nice in the snow. Last year was our second snowiest on record and it seemed like there was constantly snow around. This year they're a year older and still working well. Since the grass is always greener, I've been looking hard at the [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Cooper AT3's and how they rate in snow & on wet roads as well as on the trail.

Scott
[/font]

Anybody tried or heard anything on the Green Diamond tires with the carbide granules? Maybe a just be a gimmick.

BFG ATs were the best tires ever run on a few different big trucks (suburbans, 3/4 tons, etc.) but last time I bought tires I took a chance on a set of Michelin LTX AT2 and they are superior to the BFGs in many categories except price. A hell of a lot quieter, they seem to wear tread at about the same (very slow) rate, they are a hell of a lot better in the snow, they are about the same in crap mud, better traction on wet pavement and ice, noticeably better braking performance, come to think about it the only off-road situation where they're not as good as the BFGs is creepy-crawling over wet stones, but they're acceptable. Comparing one ten-ply version to the other, the BFG properly inflated is a wonderful highway towing tire ... and the Michelins are even stiffer, and therefore better, for that application. A set of four was about a hundred bucks more than the equivalent BFGs.

another vote for the ATs. absolutely love them in any conditions...and they wear better than any tire I've run. on my second set, and they will probably outlast the truck.

Back