Turkey fryer burner rec....

tod osier

Gold Sponsor
I'm looking for a multi-use single high output propane burner. Anyone got a rec on one they love? I've had been "burnt" by crappy ones and I'd like one that will last and throw some serious heat.

Main uses would be boiling water for clams and lobsters, frying, lead melting, canning, and cooking on when car camping. I'm looking for the patio/deck style with short legs (I think it is called), so I can throw it in the truck without the gangly legs in the way.

Thanks,

T

Agreed on the Bayou Classic - great stuff. They also make stainless cookware that can stand up to the heat over time - I've burned through the cheap aluminum stuff from the outdoor stores.

In addition to frying the occassional turkey fill it up with water and have yourself a good ol fashioned shrimp or crawfish boil.....mmmmm..mmmmm! Now THAT's what I'm talkin bout!

Try Bayou Classics
They have a good reputation.

Thanks, I think I'll try one. They have lots of burners that have 2-3-4 X the BTUs of the ones I've looked at.

T

Tod, another bet is to have a welder from LA make one. Everyone down here has custom jobs. I'll keep my eye open, I don't have anyone in particular to recommend but they pop up on craiglist and in the paper from time to time. Another forum I'm on might have one. Everyone down here frys turkeys boils crawfish/crabs/shrimp or fries fish at the drop of a hat so there are plenty of them around. Not to mention during football season everyone busts them out with the black iron pots for gumbo, etoufette, jambalaya, etc. for the tailgates.

I just went out to the garage and looked at mine. It is a Brinkmann, and has four shorter legs made of square tubing. I have been very happy with it. Height wise I think it would be about perfect for a big lobster boiling pot.

Back