VOTE*Traveling Decoy*VOTE

Chuck J

As Steve would say, Vote early and Vote often.

You can vote anytime between now and Saturday Midnight, the decoy with the most votes will be chosen to travel on an 11 leg tour, over 4 months. At the end of the season, the decoy and it's journal of it's adventure will be auctioned off to help with this site's operating funds.

Here is the line up for the 2008-2009 Traveling Decoy:

Pete Revicki - Blackduck, cork with basswood head and pine bottom board
001-4.jpg

Derek Zumwalt - Pintail or Greenwing Teal, Frond featuring basswood head, tack eyes and oil paint
frond.jpg

Ira McCauley - Wigeon
P1010678.jpg

Craig Smith - Golden Eye
craigGE.jpg

Chuck Jagger - Canada Goose, pine and wire frame, canvas covering, basswood head
IMG_2204.jpg

You can vote by posting on this thread or privately by sending me a PM or emailing to travelingdecoy@hotmail.com Subject:VOTE

If you vote for one of Derek's decoys, since he offered two, specify your preference, and if he has the most votes, the most popular of his decoys will travel.

Voting ends Saturday September 27th at midnight Pacific time, I will tally the votes Sunday AM and contact the carver of choice with shipping information.

All members are encouraged to vote, including the participating hunters and carvers. For carvers, I will encourage but not necessarily enforce "gentleman's rules" (don't vote for your own decoy)

Last edited:
I think they're all winners. How do you choose from all that eye candy? The one deke that I kept going back to was the canada goose from Chuck. It's just too cool! Is there a way to hunt over all of em?

Blackduck-- But that's strictly for selfish reasons. We're hunting with blackpowder, old sneakboxes, wooden decoys, and canvas clothes on Barnegat Bay. What better decoy to rain shot on than a cork black duck....

Dang! It's a tough race among every one of these great entries...

But, to vote for only one; Craig Smith - Golden Eye

Is there a way to hunt over all of em?

That would be nice, but the shipping cost would kill the deal.

Take note, I originally planned on running the vote through Saturday, but in my haste typed Friday last night. I corrected the top post to reflect Saturday, and will tally it up on Sunday, and contact the carver of the chosen decoy.

Chuck

even though I know it will probably ruin my friendship with Hitch since we'll undoubtedly get into a bidding war over it.....

Might not be so bad though since Obama will be the Pres by the time it goes on the block and John won't have his cushy, Government Supported, War related, job and will be more fiscally minded once he moves into his cardboard box studio apartment....

Steve

I have to vote Ira's bird. I have had a chance to see a couple of his birds and they are very nice.. Further to that, I am the last to have it, here in California, so it might – just might - never leave the state. I like the other rigs a lot as well, when I see such quality, it makes me want to put out a more refined block. The GE was a close second.
D

Back