Want hunt in Scotland?

Worth Mathewson

A guide in Scotland, Scott Cruickshank, does most of his business with shooters from various European countries. He would like more from the U.S. He asked me to mention him on this site. His web page is:SAC Shooting.
Scott is located in the region of Scotland with the largest wintering population of geese. He is well known for his goose hunts. Most of the days he offers include morning goose hunting, then ducks or pheasant/snipe in the afternoon.
He also offers wood pigeon days over decoys. These are done in two time frames: March and April during planting, and in August and September during harvest. Over the years I have made trips over to shoot wood pigeons with Scott six times. I have always gone during the August/September hunts. Of all wingshooting I have done, just about my favorite is wood pigeons over decoys. And being in Scotland makes it all the better. Great country, wonderful people, excellent food, and of course, Scotch.
If you have ever considered UK shooting, I feel certain Scott can offer you good days. Best, Worth Mathewson

Worth , thanks for the information. My wife wants to visit Scotland as we both have Scotish ancestors. I wonder if she'd mind be hunting for a day, hehehe.
Certainly would make the once in a life time trip a bit more memorable being able to say I shot wood pigeon with a S x S over decoys.

Best - Paul

you will never regret making that trip

its a beautiful country, and as Worth says - great people

I am an all American mutt, all most all my ancestors were here before the Revolution, some of them Scots ( i have often made the argument that Culloden was the first battle of the American Revolution ) My Wife's G-Grandfather emigrated from there, and she blends right into the population in a highland village.

We took a belated honeymoon to Scotland- I was supposed to shoot grouse and fish the Spey for salmon. The grouse population crashed that year so I stalked (red deer hunting) instead of grouse. My wife walked around Granton on Spey while I fished and when she stopped to admire a garden the elderly lady at the cottage invited her for tea.

we will go back- wildfowling there could be a great trip. Big bores - 8's and bigger are still legal, and there are still a few punt guns in use.

Last edited:
Back