Weapon for Shooting Beaver at Night

I was reading back over the older posts on this thread and saw a suppressor was used with the .22 rifle. Did you worry about the rifle crack pushing local woodies or resting ducks out at night? Or was the can just for efficient beaver hunting?

I have heard a lot of people say any type of rifle "crack" near or over open water is bad news for keeping birds.

Has anyone else heard the same?

If they are shooting subs with a suppressor, there is no crack.

I use the CCI segmented subsconics and they are just deadly and quiet as heck. Shot a lot of ground squirrels around the house with them last summer. Few prairie dogs.
I've never used those loads. My birdfeeder squirrel medicine is CB caps through an old Winchester bolt action with a long barrel (for a .22). Very quiet, enough so that it's difficult to hear on the other side of the house.

I'm enjoying this thread. Suppressors are great, what little experience I have with them. So great in fact, that I may start rooting for the varmints in the Beavers vs. Northern Alabama Beaver Snipers scuffle. :) Nah, just a thought.

I've never used those loads. My birdfeeder squirrel medicine is CB caps through an old Winchester bolt action with a long barrel (for a .22). Very quiet, enough so that it's difficult to hear on the other side of the house.

I'm enjoying this thread. Suppressors are great, what little experience I have with them. So great in fact, that I may start rooting for the varmints in the Beavers vs. Northern Alabama Beaver Snipers scuffle. :) Nah, just a thought.

For subsonics, they make the cci segmented in: 1) standard velocity (subsonic) and 2) quiets. The quiets are long rifle length and are a bit louder than the CB caps. If you ever have trouble with "runners" from the CB caps and can stand a little bit more noise, try the CCI QUIET segmented.

For subsonics, they make the cci segmented in: 1) standard velocity (subsonic) and 2) quiets. The quiets are long rifle length and are a bit louder than the CB caps. If you ever have trouble with "runners" from the CB caps and can stand a little bit more noise, try the CCI QUIET segmented.

I'll try a box of those just for the heck of it.

Back