Westlake photos Post

Hitch

I didn't know where to start because I have twice as many photos I'm happy with this year than last. So anyway, Jim Williams helped me make up my mind; here on Duckboats I'll start with Josh Ward.

Here's Josh on the left with Hank Garvey.

032209-176.jpg

Sorry Josh for the mix-up...boy that didn't take long...becoming a tradition...Here is Josh's decoy.

Can.jpg

I'm gonna post a few this evening...keep a watch on the thread.

Hitch

Last edited:
Congrats to Josh! Great looking bill. I'd gun over it anyday...

Great pics as always Hitch. I sent you a PM... Pat

Missed ya Pat and Jim! There were many duckboat's long-timers and regulars at the show, and I have the photos to proove it.

These are from the "Joe French collecting days" Vintage Seminar. Hacky will have to help me out with these before I can tell you who's they are but they were sweet old decoys.

031909-042.jpg

031909-040.jpg

Hitch

Last edited:
These are from Dwane Ong and the Wood duck now resides in my collection. The Green Wing Teal pair would have been mine too but Doc from California pulled out the cash faster than I. Thursday night.

031909-080.jpg

031909-098.jpg

Hitch

A few from Alan Haid's room...

031909-036.jpg

Some of the decoys just strike a special note as you wonder about. This one grabbed my attention and more flash card space than others.

031909-064.jpg

031909-061.jpg

031909-061emb.jpg

More from Alan's room later.

Last edited:
Awesome pictures as always Hitch!!!! Keep 'em coming and thanks!!!

Guys, gotta be honest here....must be a miscommunication going on someplace..I got a RED ribbon upstairs in the IWCA...my pool birds went nowhere but to the edge of the pool....LOL

Thanks for all of your work on the photography!! Hope your turkey hunt is successful.

Josh, great to meet you. Congrats with your bird.

I hadn't been to Westlake for the past two years, and it was great to see friends again. I brought one of my hunting partners up with me for his first trip to Westlake, and he was blown away. I've got him hooked on carving. Already looking forward to next year.

Best,
Steve

Thanks for the pics Hitch.....I can hardly wait for the rest. Wish I could have seen it......maybe next year. That is an AWESOME decoy Josh,congatulations!!

Hitch,
Keep them coming. I wish I could have made it to the show one of these years.

Dwane Ong donated a decoy to Michigan Duck Hunters this year it was a simple gunner Black Duck. I would have loved to take it home with me but since I working the booth I dont think winning it would have been acceptable. Did you see any of his stained cork black ducks. Thats what we had on display for the drawing at our booth.

Great putting a number of faces with names, there was definitely plenty of great company at the show.

Keep the pictures coming Hitch!

I can't wait for next year.

-D

It was great to meet you Dave. The infamous Frank Brothers now have someone else they can follow around. Just wait until they are all old enough to drink beer, your gonna go broke.

Ballard

I hope to compete with them in the pool one of these days. Tyler was a great student for sure.

I'll start saving for the bar tab!

-D

I have wanted to go to Westlake for many years and finally made it. I think this year is the start of a new tradition. I couldn't believe how many people I met that I knew, either from here or the MLB site or guys I have hunted with in the past. Truely a memorable experience. If I started to list the names I know I would miss someone so will just say thanks to all. I will be back next year.

My only regrets were not being able to meet everyone from here who were at the show, and not staying until the bitter end party Sunday night. I am sure I walked right past people I know but without nametags or another means of ID it is impossible to know.

Thanks for the pics Hitch. I saw you working overtime at the pool on Sunday so I said to myself..."why bother taking photos? Hitch will make a CD (I hope)." Since this was my first time at Westlake, you know I'd like to buy one if you produce a 2009 show CD. It was an AWESOME show and I had a lot of fun putting names with faces. It was great to meet you guys!

There will be a 2009 Westlake CD but it's going to take a while to put it together. I still have copies of the 2008 Westlake show CD...and Eric and Steve said it was ok to post it up, so here goes;

$15 includes shipping to US and Canada in a sleeve. If you want the version in the jewel case available at the show, add $5 shipping and handling.

mail check or money order to:

John Hitchcock
107 Krefeld Rd NW
Palm Bay, FL 32907

or PayPal me at: hitchco@bellsouth.net

WestlakeshowSleevephoto.jpg

Hitch

Beautiful cover for your album!! Ill be sending you an order when your ready! My son Blake is super excited to see it!!!

Bridget

Back