What's everyone watching

don novicki

For myself, I'm watching the second season of Tour De France Unchained on Netflix, and I must say it's even better than the first season. The athletes are superhuman to say the least and you get see a lot of up close stuff with them and the team, in addition to seeing the race. One thing I know from personal experience, unfortunately, is that crashing is a part of cycling. Whether it be at the tour, or on a mountain bike, the more you ride the more opportunity there is for disaster. Some of the injuries to these guys are horrendous............As the French coach said last season "cycling is about suffering" and they suffer on this show. I'm also watching my Mets climb back into things. Loved beating the Yanks...

Has anyone here watched "Alone"? I watched a season about a year ago and liked it. I started an earlier season last week. From what I gather of all the reality shows out there this one isn't fake. I like seeing the shelters they make. The amount of starving going on is insane.

I watched a documentary type movie today because I got caught up in it, the subject matter is fascinating. It's called "The Real Story of the Hunt for Red October". It is about Soviet submarine K129, a couple of US submarines, and the Glomar Explorer. If you don't know this story I won't spoil it by telling it here, but is really detailed and winds it's way from Tom Clancy through this story. I knew the story of the Glomar
Explorer, but did not know many details of finding the submarine and various thoughts on what had happened to it, and the secrecy necessary to do what they did. You won't regret this one if you don't know the story.

I watched a documentary type movie today because I got caught up in it, the subject matter is fascinating. It's called "The Real Story of the Hunt for Red October". It is about Soviet submarine K129, a couple of US submarines, and the Glomar Explorer. If you don't know this story I won't spoil it by telling it here, but is really detailed and winds it's way from Tom Clancy through this story. I knew the story of the Glomar
Explorer, but did not know many details of finding the submarine and various thoughts on what had happened to it, and the secrecy necessary to do what they did. You won't regret this one if you don't know the story.

Greg,

The Glomar Explorer was anchored under the Martinez / Benicia bridge about 10 miles from my house, for many, many years. Used to look at it every day on my way home from work. Quite the story indeed !

If I remember the recluse Howard Hughes was involved

That is correct, and the strategy behind it was brilliant
I saw a a sad comedy last week. The 2024 debate! OMG, is this the best we can do?

Just watched the Blue Angels perform yesterday in Traverse City.
Prime+ has a documentary made in 2023 worth watching on the Blue Angels flight team. Impressive video and worth the time.

Enjoy your 4th,
Steve

Back