Wrangler DH 15 - All Grassed Up

Joe Sees

The new rig for this season...Wrangler Duckhunter 15. Finally got it the way I want it. Set the grass up so that you pop through it below the rain roof to shoot.
Before Grass
DH1.jpg

DH2.jpg

After Grass
DH3.jpg

DH4.jpg

Very well made. Handles great. Is layed out nicely inside. I love the walk on bow. The pricing on these boats makes them an outstanding value as well.

Nice job , look forward to see it in the marsh. Also who"es grass did you use i just bought some cablas and its junk

Nice boat!

I've found the same thing with Cabela's grass mats, I prefer Avery Real Grass mats.

Last edited:
Get the FastGrass brand. Much better than Avery grass. Best deal is through LL Bean believe it or not...due to free shipping.

Have to say - That is one nice boat and you did an awesome job. Really like the rain cover. Did you use alum. pipe or pvc? Wrangler 15 looks like a real winner!!

Have to say - That is one nice boat and you did an awesome job. Really like the rain cover. Did you use alum. pipe or pvc? Wrangler 15 looks like a real winner!!

That is all part of the factory blind setup from Wrangler. Nice and easy design.

I can't see them either on this computer. It might be Internet Explore-sometimes it doesn't get along with other scripts. Try using FireFox/Morzilla, that might work for you.

Joe--I just acquired a 14-foot TDB without grass. I know yours is a 15 footer but it's exactly what I want to do with mine. Any idea home many mats I should account for when I make the purchase?

Thanks!

-Glenn

Joe--I just acquired a 14-foot TDB without grass. I know yours is a 15 footer but it's exactly what I want to do with mine. Any idea home many mats I should account for when I make the purchase?

Thanks!

-Glenn

Glenn,

The boat has 3 mats down the side and wrapping the motor, Two on the bow, and two on the roof. You should easily be able to do your boat with 5 (if no roof). I backed the grass with fine black netting from Lowes. The top of my matts are rolled/draped over the facory blind to create the flaired grassy area at the top of the blind. They were the perfect width to reach the water line then.

With the rolled over mats/flaired grass area and grass on the roof......I have a section to stand and shoot through that is all grass for concealment.

Hope this helps.

Joe

I am signed in and cannot see them either..... I sure would like too!! I can see other pics in other messages??

Back