X

AA SILVER BULLETS, Heavy Trap, 7 1/2's are my favorite Late Season Dove loads in PA. No bunny shots in Nov. Most shots 30 to 40 yards and the full choke of the Model 12 Duck Gun works just fine on those shots. Once ya start the gun there's no stopping the swing.
Used plenty of AA #8's on woodcock, but like a lighter gun to get on the little buggers. I splurged on a Franchi Instinct at about 5.5 lbs in 20 gauge and haven't looked back. Can't hit a damn thing with it on clay targets, but it comes up fast to get on doodles as they rise and before they start swerving around the alders.

Used plenty of AA #8's on woodcock, but like a lighter gun to get on the little buggers. I splurged on a Franchi Instinct at about 5.5 lbs in 20 gauge and haven't looked back. Can't hit a damn thing with it on clay targets, but it comes up fast to get on doodles as they rise and before they start swerving around the alders.

I hear thee Jeff. I use a Remington 1100, 20ga. 2 3/4" Special Field, 21" Skeet fixed choke and straight stock. Comes up so fast at times it scares me. Very good for Woodcock, early Grouse and Rabbits. Target chootin' and late season Doves forgetaboutit... Maine Grouse & Woodcock a unfulfilled dream so far.

Back