Y or V boards

Jeff G

Does anyone have a plans to make these boards. I bought the plastic boards but they are not very durable, I broke 2 of them so far. I made the silos to add to my spread. I bought these http://www.sittingducks-ltd.com/
2012-11-29%2013.15.56_zpsrltpxeyg.jpg

2013-01-10%2008.48.54-1-1_zpsaugu0ioa.jpg

I'd like to know how you broke them. I have hunted handmade y boards and switched to the sitting duck plastic ones and find them very rugged. I've had them pulled completely underwater by ripping tides and currents and never had a problem. Had one arm fold this year when another line of decoys blew out and snagged on that arm, but that arm popped back into shape once I retrieved the whole mess.

I've never had a problem with Sitting Ducks either. I got 54 sets for goose silos. I did have one of the support arms that you fasten the silo to break from a buddy grabbing the plywood decoy and twisting it. I've since went to Coraplast silo's screwed to the arm with it in the down position. I'd buy them again in a heart beat. A whole lot lighter than the wooden ones I've used in the past. Just my .02

Mark

Back