Yesterday

Brian Moyse

It was pretty darn cold & windy with gusts up to 28. Didn't see nearly as many divers in the area, but the cans were again pretty thick. I cannot remember seeing this many cans working in so close. After we shot our 2 cans we still had flock after flock working in less than 20 yards. They are definately getting colored up, but I am still waiting to get that perfect one for the wall this year!

divers3.jpg

Good God Brian, I would have had either of those Cans at the Taxidermist an hour after they slashed!! Than again, the mighty Canvasback is still on my "bucket list".....

Thanks for the pics, that's a great looking bag of birds!

Donivan

Brian,
Nice looking bag. Nice contrast in birds, GE's whistling in kinda slow but with deception and the cans with their power flight. Sure looks like you had fun.

Made it over to your neighborhood yesterday too, 3 hours one way but it was fun!

You're lucky, every thing is frozen around Madison Wi. I'm going to try walking into an area on the Yahara to find some open water

Made it over to your neighborhood yesterday too, 3 hours one way but it was fun!

We went over yesterday as well. How did you do?

Interesting day to say the least. Bills, cans, goldeneyes, big flock of shovelers worked in, teal, mallards: saw just about everything, plus lots of ice!

We went over yesterday as well. How did you do?

Interesting day to say the least. Bills, cans, goldeneyes, big flock of shovelers worked in, teal, mallards: saw just about everything, plus lots of ice!

Look at the "Yesterday too" thread. Want to go play again if its still open!

Back