A new painting for me! I got something special. Back from Framing.

CAnderson

Some of you may recall I posted a couple of weeks or so back looking to gather some names of people that do/did pencil drawings and other artwork with a waterfowl genre. I received quite a few good suggestions on names of people to look into. Thanks for the info.

Perhaps the best suggestion I got was to inquire if TimJ, fellow board member and talented painter, would consider doing a painting for me. Well it turns out Tim was more than willing to take on the task. We spoke via email about some ideas I had for a picture and Tim took it from there. We decided on a watercolor painting of three Buffleheads flying over a pair of old, well used decoys. Tim was an excellent communicator and took the idea and ran with it. Tim got to ultimately decide on the size of the painting based on the number of ducks and amount of detail that would be added. Tim recently sent me the a photo of the final draft, so to speak. I am very happy with the outcome! I cannot wait for it to arrive and have it framed to hang it in the house. Tim even went so far as to add some local detail to the decoys in the painting a follow a more traditional NJ coastal decoy shape.

Hope you guys like it as much as I do. I believe Tim has some real talent. Just one more reason to be thankful for the quality of members on this board. There are so many talented people here that we can meet, talk with, share stories, and at times have a piece of their craft to enjoy.

Tim, many thanks again. I am very appreciative.

TimJ_Buffleheads_zps439ccb1b.jpg

Chad

Last edited:
Fantastic work! When you can see yourself in the moment, you know you have the right painting in hand. That's a very cool setting that any diver duck hunter could relate to. Love it.

My wife and I picked up TimJ's Bufflehead Watercolor from the frame shop today. Got home and immediately hung it on the wall. My photography isn't the best and certainly doesn't do Tim's painting justice. But Tim's art has found a distinguished place on the wall in our livingroom. My wife has now commissioned me to make two small wooden shelves to hang on the wall. She wants one shelf to each side of the painting and would like me to put a decoy on each shelf. Now, that will beg the question of who's decoys should go on the shelves. I will have to think hard about that. I am thinking it would be appropriate to have a pair of NJ Coastal style Buffleheads for the shelves.

Hope you feel it does your painting justice.

As I was typing an email to Tim thanking him again for a beautiful painting, my oldest daughter yelled downstairs, "Dad, the duck painting is awesome!"

Tim, thanks again for a beautiful and original piece of work.

Chad A

TimJonesBufflehead_zps1d2d58a8.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking frame job. Thanks for the kind words. I'm very glad your daughter approves, we all know the females in the family have the best taste. :)

Tim

Chad/Tim - Great work! Nothing like a great piece of art to enjoy in one's home, especially with divers and decoys on it! Congrats! Pat

I've always been thoroughly impressed with Tim's paintings.

The best artwork always comes from someone who's "been there, done that" and it shows.

Jon

Back